Old June 2nd 04, 04:59 AM
ConnieG999

This is the only thing I can find on my area, and it's so complex I can't
make
head or tails of it.
http://www.doh.state.fl.us/workforce...03ComPlan1.pdf

Well, wouldn't you know as soon as I sent this message, I hit the jackpot.
Unfortunately, everything for my area seems to be trunked and in the 800
frequencies.
Guess I'm not going to get much out of my freebee scanner...

Connie
My mind is like a steel...um, whatchamacallit.

Old June 6th 04, 01:24 PM
Greg

From: (ConnieG999)
Newsgroups: rec.radio.scanner
Date: 02 Jun 2004 03:26:46 GMT
Subject: BC 100XLT - Please dont laugh!

Greg writes:

Connie - The first thing is to find out what sort of radio systems are in
use by your local police, fire, and EMS agencies and what frequencies they
use. You can probably find this information on the Web.
Your 100XLT is fine for monitoring conventional systems. To monitor trunked
systems, you would need something like the BC785 or Pro 95 you mentioned.

This is the only thing I can find on my area, and it's so complex I can't make
head or tails of it.
http://www.doh.state.fl.us/workforce...03ComPlan1.pdf
Can you decipher any of it?

Again, do a Web search to learn about trunked vs conventional systems.

This I can probably do. Thanks for your help.

Sorry - I am unable to read pdf files because my Acrobat keeps crashing.
If, as you say, the activity in your area is trunked, you will have a hard
time monitoring it. But if the 100XLT tunes 800mHz, you can monitor the
trunked frequencies - but the scanner won't track the conversations as they
jump from one freq to another at random.

You can email me if you want - maybe I can help you find some useful
frequencies. I live in Lakeland.

Greg

Old June 8th 04, 09:44 AM
Mediaguy500

Well, wouldn't you know as soon as I sent this message, I hit the jackpot.
Unfortunately, everything for my area seems to be trunked and in the 800
frequencies.
Guess I'm not going to get much out of my freebee scanner.

you might still get a lot out of your freebie scanner. Just not some of the
stuff that you thought you might get.

The standard scanner bands still have activity on them.

You might not get police or such if your area has awitched to 800 mhz or
digital or a combination.

But you might get other stuff on your freebie scanner, such as railroads,
airplanes, businnesses, etcetera.

You might even get policre from neighboring counties or something.

The police in my area have switched to digital 800 mhz many years ago. I only
have an analog scanner, and I have still found stuff to listen to on it.

If your scanner gets between 118 MHZ and 135.995 MHZ, search in that range to
hear airplanes and airports.

If you search between 450 MHZ and 470 MHZ, you might hear businesses and maybe
even some fast food drive throughs. (although fast food drive throughs are
very very boring to listen to).

In my area, I have found some sort of school security police. who arrested
several of their students. 9'th graders and 12'th graers. (and is frequently
transmitting such activity).

I wonder what kind of school that is?

koreans laugh at steveo tai mai shu CB 0 December 30th 04 11:42 PM
want a laugh?? Steve CB 2 May 10th 04 02:57 PM
want a laugh? Steve CB 0 May 10th 04 03:20 AM
want a laugh?? Steve CB 0 May 10th 04 03:19 AM