Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 30th 04, 04:10 AM
ConnieG999

Default BC 100XLT - Please dont laugh!

I've just been given a Bearcat 100 xlt handheld scanner. Heaven only knows how
old it is - the manufacture date reads: ICHO. Anyway, is the darn thing even
worth downloading a manual for? I know it "works" because I can pick up the
weather service. The preprogrammed channels, however, don't work in my area.
This was a friend's attempt to save me a few bucks. So, in the event that you
folks don't think I should waste my time with this old thing, what make/model
would you suggest for me? I just want to entertain myself with whatever I can
listen to, especially at night when I can't sleep. I'm on disability and
housebound, so money is an issue, but I'll pay a little extra if it's worth
going up a step or two to have access to some "good stuff."
I read parts of the FAQ and have the impression that the recommendations might
include Uniden BC 785 or Radio Shack Pro 95. I don't care if it's handheld or
table model.
Thanks for all the help you can provide.

Connie
My mind is like a steel...um, whatchamacallit.

koreans laugh at steveo tai mai shu CB 0 December 30th 04 11:42 PM
want a laugh?? Steve CB 2 May 10th 04 02:57 PM
want a laugh? Steve CB 0 May 10th 04 03:20 AM
want a laugh?? Steve CB 0 May 10th 04 03:19 AM