Old June 2nd 04, 11:58 PM
Greasy Rider @ invalid.com

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 17:09:38 -0500, BillyThe Squid
etched the phosphur
particles on my screen with the following:

I drive the interstates and I am looking for a site that has the
freqs. used by state police/Highway patrol so I can monitor road
conditions, accidents, etc as I drive. I only need freqs. for the
roads I'm driving. Can anyone help?

Channel 19 on the old CB.
Old June 3rd 04, 05:14 AM
Dwayne

In article , Greasy Rider @
invalid.com says...
Channel 19 on the old CB.

Sad thing is, is that that is the best way to find out what he needs :/
whoa that is a lot of is's and thats
Old June 3rd 04, 11:36 AM
Jim Mac Donald

Go to :

http://www.strongsignals.net/index.cgi

and click on Favorite pages then scroll down to MESSAGE BOARDS and go
the FREQUENCY board. Down the bottom, under the posting pain, is a great
list of links
to different states that have a lot of frequency information on State
Police!
At the top of the lists is TRUNKING information. Check this out for the
states that have gone trunked.

You may also want to buy a copy of POLICE CALL for the CD that covers
the hole country!
Jim
BillyThe Squid wrote:

I drive the interstates and I am looking for a site that has the
freqs. used by state police/Highway patrol so I can monitor road
conditions, accidents, etc as I drive. I only need freqs. for the
roads I'm driving. Can anyone help?

Thanks much!

Old June 4th 04, 10:47 AM
Jim Mac Donald

The folks at Scanner Master
carry a "National Highway Patrol Reference Guide" ,
here's a book that deals with highway patrols. It may have
information that your looking for and may supplement other on line
sources.

http://www.scannermaster.com/store/01-680767.html

And they publish several regional frequency guides for:

Chargoland
Philadelphia
DC Delaware Maryland
New York NJ
Also, Massachusetts with New England states are covered!
The have squelch tone code data!

Another frequency book that covers all the states is
"Monitor America" published by Scanner Master
It gives frequencies state by state. The first section in each
listing goes over the state police, their frequencies and
the locations of the different troops. It also has squelch tone code
data
for many agencies! Some trunking information is
listed also mostly with no talk groups.

In any of the source you look at they may still list VHF low band,
VHF High band and UHF conventional frequencies along with 800/900 MHz
trunking frequencies and system information. If a state has trunking
there
may be little or now activity on the conventional frequencies.

Another aspect of traveling around the interstate system here in america

are laws banning police radio scanners,
check your state(s) he

http://www.afn.org/~afn09444/scanlaws/

If your don't have a separate CB radio transceiver and if your scanner
will cover 27.185 MHz AM then add CH 19 into your scanner!
There are limitations on CB radio traffic and it gets boring. But some
times
you can really get a good traffic report over the CB channel, that just
isn't available any where else!
If you have a portable general coverage short wave radio receiver that
will go up to 27 Megs then
us this in the vehicle to monitor CB CH 19. With either a scanner or
short wave radio you can
listen to "out banders" above and below the 40 channels of a stock CB
radio, around 26.5 MHz and up to 27.5 Mhz

Get a external magnetic mount antenna for ALL your after market radios
DO NOT US a SPLITTER or "T"
connector to run one (1) antenna to a CB tranceiver (or any other
transceiver-transmitter) and a police scanner.
However shareing one (1) antenna with two or more receivers is O. K.
but, you may find they interfere with each other locking
up the scanning with internal oscillations going over the patch co-ax
cable, to the other radio!
jim

Old June 8th 04, 10:04 AM
Mediaguy500

I actually drive the whole country. I know my request for a one-stop
database of freqs. only for the interstate system is wishful thinking,
but it never hurts to ask.

The state patrol here still uses VHF lo frequencies. Although I forgot what
the exact frequency/frequencies that use is.

Old June 10th 04, 03:28 AM
Jim Mac Donald

You may want to go the hardware route! Whit a Uniden BCT-8 trunker
pre programmed scanner that has ALL the state's frequencies programmed
in and you can also program it to do trunking.
This is a novice radio and ALL the state's police frequencies will show
up
not just the State Police / High way Patrol. You can start locking out
the
city frequencies but it's tough to pick out the different users!

However many locations are going to APCO P-25 digital systems.
A BC-796D or the PRO-96 would be better scanner radios to work most
of the country,
you would have to program the radio your self but this would give much
better
coverage!

Ge the software for the above scanners and make up files for each
region of the country. Several of the larger states may take two or more

files to cover all there high way systems. And two or more of the less
populated
states may fit into one (1) bank

After traveling through a region and manually programming,
deleting and adding the High Way Patrol / State Police systems you
would over
a years time get a great set of files that will work for you in the
coming years!
Again look at strongsignals.net for much more information on these
radios,
they have there own message boards!

State's like Pennsylvania which uses M/A Conmm's "Open Sky =AE"
or other digital formats will not work with the digital scanners.
While Connecticut State Police are using a 800 MHz Motorola trunked
APCO
digital system that is trunk tracked very nicely with the digital
scanners!