RadioBanter

-   -   FS:RADIO SHACK PRO 2004 (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/35964-fs-radio-shack-pro-2004-a.html)

Kb9igg June 15th 04 04:12 PM

FS:RADIO SHACK PRO 2004

I AM THE ORGINAL OWNER I HAVE THE MANUAL,IT HAS EXTERNAL S METER IT HAS 400 CH.
IT HAS THE CELL MOD.I DO NOT HAVE THE ANT FOR IT.BUT U CAN PLUG IN BNC FOR
ANTENNA OF CHOICE.SCANNER WORKS GREAT.I AM A NON-SMOKER.$200+SHIPPING

Greasy Rider @ invalid.com June 15th 04 05:53 PM

I AM THE ORGINAL OWNER I HAVE THE MANUAL,IT HAS EXTERNAL S METER IT HAS 400 CH.
IT HAS THE CELL MOD.I DO NOT HAVE THE ANT FOR IT.BUT U CAN PLUG IN BNC FOR
ANTENNA OF CHOICE.SCANNER WORKS GREAT.I AM A NON-SMOKER.$200+SHIPPING

WTF does being a non-smoker have to do with it?

Mike Y June 15th 04 06:04 PM

Greasy Rider @ invalid.com wrote in message

I AM THE ORGINAL OWNER I HAVE THE MANUAL,IT HAS EXTERNAL S METER IT HAS

400 CH.
IT HAS THE CELL MOD.I DO NOT HAVE THE ANT FOR IT.BUT U CAN PLUG IN BNC

FOR
ANTENNA OF CHOICE.SCANNER WORKS GREAT.I AM A NON-SMOKER.$200+SHIPPING

WTF does being a non-smoker have to do with it?

Actually, 'non-smoker' equipment can bring a premium, from other
non-smokers.
Smokers don't care, but some non-smokers do.

I've opened up equipment from smokers that look (and smell) like the unit
sat
right in front of a smoker blowing smoke on it till it was actually covered
with
a film of smokers grease. I can only surmise that in that case the guy used
it
in his HAM shack and smoked constantly as the unit sat on the shelf right in
front of him and he was a constant chain type smoker. AND spent a hell of
a lot of time in the shack.

I've sold equipment because it came that way.

Mike

Greasy Rider @ invalid.com June 15th 04 06:10 PM

Actually, 'non-smoker' equipment can bring a premium, from other
non-smokers.
Smokers don't care, but some non-smokers do.

I've opened up equipment from smokers that look (and smell) like the unit
sat
right in front of a smoker blowing smoke on it till it was actually covered
with
a film of smokers grease. I can only surmise that in that case the guy used
it
in his HAM shack and smoked constantly as the unit sat on the shelf right in
front of him and he was a constant chain type smoker. AND spent a hell of
a lot of time in the shack.

I've sold equipment because it came that way.

I'm a non-smoker but I never realized that equipment could have the
lingering odors of smoke such as fabrics do.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

Paul Jensen June 17th 04 02:32 AM

Greasy Rider @ invalid.com wrote in message

I AM THE ORGINAL OWNER I HAVE THE MANUAL,IT HAS EXTERNAL S METER IT HAS

400 CH.
IT HAS THE CELL MOD.I DO NOT HAVE THE ANT FOR IT.BUT U CAN PLUG IN BNC

FOR
ANTENNA OF CHOICE.SCANNER WORKS GREAT.I AM A NON-SMOKER.$200+SHIPPING

WTF does being a non-smoker have to do with it?

It won't reek of stinky cigarette smell.

X-Eliminator June 17th 04 04:00 PM

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:10:27 GMT, Greasy Rider @ invalid.com wrote:

Actually, 'non-smoker' equipment can bring a premium, from other
non-smokers.
Smokers don't care, but some non-smokers do.

I've opened up equipment from smokers that look (and smell) like the unit
sat
right in front of a smoker blowing smoke on it till it was actually covered
with
a film of smokers grease. I can only surmise that in that case the guy used
it
in his HAM shack and smoked constantly as the unit sat on the shelf right in
front of him and he was a constant chain type smoker. AND spent a hell of
a lot of time in the shack.

I've sold equipment because it came that way.

I'm a non-smoker but I never realized that equipment could have the
lingering odors of smoke such as fabrics do.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

not to mention cigarette burns on the case, ashes in the keypad
crevices etc.

Sideshow June 17th 04 07:28 PM

That's why my summer shack is on the porch. Lot's of ventilation, nice
Adirondack chairs (with foot rests, of course), Tiki torches, a bottle
of wine (or two), my stinky cigarettes, and my beautiful wife (and her
stinky cigarettes).