Old June 15th 04, 04:12 PM
Kb9igg

Default FS:RADIO SHACK PRO 2004

I AM THE ORGINAL OWNER I HAVE THE MANUAL,IT HAS EXTERNAL S METER IT HAS 400 CH.
IT HAS THE CELL MOD.I DO NOT HAVE THE ANT FOR IT.BUT U CAN PLUG IN BNC FOR
ANTENNA OF CHOICE.SCANNER WORKS GREAT.I AM A NON-SMOKER.$200+SHIPPING
Old June 15th 04, 05:53 PM
Greasy Rider @ invalid.com

I AM THE ORGINAL OWNER I HAVE THE MANUAL,IT HAS EXTERNAL S METER IT HAS 400 CH.
IT HAS THE CELL MOD.I DO NOT HAVE THE ANT FOR IT.BUT U CAN PLUG IN BNC FOR
ANTENNA OF CHOICE.SCANNER WORKS GREAT.I AM A NON-SMOKER.$200+SHIPPING

WTF does being a non-smoker have to do with it?
Old June 15th 04, 06:04 PM
Mike Y

Greasy Rider @ invalid.com wrote in message

I AM THE ORGINAL OWNER I HAVE THE MANUAL,IT HAS EXTERNAL S METER IT HAS

400 CH.
IT HAS THE CELL MOD.I DO NOT HAVE THE ANT FOR IT.BUT U CAN PLUG IN BNC

FOR
ANTENNA OF CHOICE.SCANNER WORKS GREAT.I AM A NON-SMOKER.$200+SHIPPING

WTF does being a non-smoker have to do with it?

Actually, 'non-smoker' equipment can bring a premium, from other
non-smokers.
Smokers don't care, but some non-smokers do.

I've opened up equipment from smokers that look (and smell) like the unit
sat
right in front of a smoker blowing smoke on it till it was actually covered
with
a film of smokers grease. I can only surmise that in that case the guy used
it
in his HAM shack and smoked constantly as the unit sat on the shelf right in
front of him and he was a constant chain type smoker. AND spent a hell of
a lot of time in the shack.

I've sold equipment because it came that way.

Mike

Old June 15th 04, 06:10 PM
Greasy Rider @ invalid.com

Actually, 'non-smoker' equipment can bring a premium, from other
non-smokers.
Smokers don't care, but some non-smokers do.

I've opened up equipment from smokers that look (and smell) like the unit
sat
right in front of a smoker blowing smoke on it till it was actually covered
with
a film of smokers grease. I can only surmise that in that case the guy used
it
in his HAM shack and smoked constantly as the unit sat on the shelf right in
front of him and he was a constant chain type smoker. AND spent a hell of
a lot of time in the shack.

I've sold equipment because it came that way.

I'm a non-smoker but I never realized that equipment could have the
lingering odors of smoke such as fabrics do.

Thanks for the enlightenment.
Old June 17th 04, 02:32 AM
Paul Jensen

Greasy Rider @ invalid.com wrote in message

I AM THE ORGINAL OWNER I HAVE THE MANUAL,IT HAS EXTERNAL S METER IT HAS

400 CH.
IT HAS THE CELL MOD.I DO NOT HAVE THE ANT FOR IT.BUT U CAN PLUG IN BNC

FOR
ANTENNA OF CHOICE.SCANNER WORKS GREAT.I AM A NON-SMOKER.$200+SHIPPING

WTF does being a non-smoker have to do with it?

It won't reek of stinky cigarette smell.

Old June 17th 04, 04:00 PM
X-Eliminator

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:10:27 GMT, Greasy Rider @ invalid.com wrote:

Actually, 'non-smoker' equipment can bring a premium, from other
non-smokers.
Smokers don't care, but some non-smokers do.

I've opened up equipment from smokers that look (and smell) like the unit
sat
right in front of a smoker blowing smoke on it till it was actually covered
with
a film of smokers grease. I can only surmise that in that case the guy used
it
in his HAM shack and smoked constantly as the unit sat on the shelf right in
front of him and he was a constant chain type smoker. AND spent a hell of
a lot of time in the shack.

I've sold equipment because it came that way.

I'm a non-smoker but I never realized that equipment could have the
lingering odors of smoke such as fabrics do.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

not to mention cigarette burns on the case, ashes in the keypad
crevices etc.
Old June 17th 04, 07:28 PM
Sideshow

That's why my summer shack is on the porch. Lot's of ventilation, nice
Adirondack chairs (with foot rests, of course), Tiki torches, a bottle
of wine (or two), my stinky cigarettes, and my beautiful wife (and her
stinky cigarettes).