Old June 17th 04, 06:44 PM
lsmyer

Default Any European Must-Buys???

My daughter is studying in Europe this summer. She will be in Paris through
the end of June and will be spending July in Spain before returning to the
US in early August.

Does anyone know of any radio that would be available in shops in Paris or
Madrid that I couldn't get over here?

Also, does anyone know of a very low-priced place in Madrid or Paris to buy
electronics in general?

Since I'm springing for the trip, I might as well put the girl to work
buying daddy some cool radios while she's away.

Thanks.

Old June 18th 04, 11:33 AM
Jim Mac Donald

Here is a company in England, I know your daughter IS NOT GOING THERE!
I am providing this site so you can shop for Europen radios!

http://www.javiation.co.uk/http://www.javiation.co.uk/

Jim

Old June 18th 04, 01:09 PM
Bill

In message , Jim Mac Donald
writes
Here is a company in England, I know your daughter IS NOT GOING THERE!
I am providing this site so you can shop for Europen radios!

http://www.javiation.co.uk/http://www.javiation.co.uk/

Jim

There again if she is in Paris there is a good railway service over
(under) to the UK so you may persuade her to have a few days break here
and do a bit of shopping for you. You may find it difficult to find
anything here that is cheaper than in the US though. I tend to buy from
the US and even after taxes etc. it works out less expensive.

Take a look at http://www.eurostar.com/dctm/jsp/index.jsp for the
railway info.
--
Bill
Old June 18th 04, 05:32 PM
Simon Mason

"lsmyer" wrote in message
My daughter is studying in Europe this summer. She will be in Paris

through
the end of June and will be spending July in Spain before returning to the
US in early August.

Does anyone know of any radio that would be available in shops in Paris or
Madrid that I couldn't get over here?

Also, does anyone know of a very low-priced place in Madrid or Paris to

buy
electronics in general?

Since I'm springing for the trip, I might as well put the girl to work
buying daddy some cool radios while she's away.

Good SW radio shop in Amsterdam Schiphol airport.
--
Simon Mason
Anlaby