Old June 19th 04, 07:26 PM
FB

Default Newbie to Scanning

Hi.,...I'm a newbie to scanning. I want to be able to listen to my local
emergency services--police, fire--which I known are trunked. Are there any
inexpensive, possibly portable scanners, that will allow me to do this? Are
there any good websites where I can learn about scanning so I have some idea
as to what i'm talking about Thanks.

Old June 20th 04, 04:29 AM
Jim Mac Donald

Try this site:
http://www.strongsignals.net/index.cgi

Stare out with the NEW USER FAQ

http://www.strongsignals.net/access/content/new_user.html

Go to the bottom of the TRUNKING board

http://strongsignals.net/access/boards/trunking/board.cgi

and FREQUENCY board and look up the systems in your area, check out the
trunking scanners specifications to see if they will work- receive those
systems!

http://strongsignals.net/access/boards/frequency/board.cgi

Down load a copy of the manual ( do this for ANY electronic gear!) and check
out the SOFTWARE pages/board, to find a cable and software program, it makes
programming
one of the newer trunk tracking scanners much easier. Many of the
scanners have files shared on line you can down load using the software.
Jim

Old June 21st 04, 09:06 PM
Fred Burgess

"FB" wrote in message .com...
Hi.,...I'm a newbie to scanning. I want to be able to listen to my local
emergency services--police, fire--which I known are trunked. Are there any
inexpensive, possibly portable scanners, that will allow me to do this? Are
there any good websites where I can learn about scanning so I have some idea
as to what i'm talking about Thanks.

Another good website is www.radioreference.com

Fred Burgess

Question about the law on scanning in the uk. big boy now Scanner 6 April 7th 04 10:56 PM
Scanning prohibitions by country victoria patel Scanner 0 March 22nd 04 05:44 AM
Newbie abr Homebrew 20 September 29th 03 04:07 PM
Newbie abr Homebrew 0 September 28th 03 06:46 PM