Old June 30th 04, 05:09 AM
Lou

Default Scanner freqs

Hey Folks!

I am asking a question which I seem to think I've seen the answer to in the
past, but never the less have to ask again - as I didn't take notes.

A friend of mine, was doing some traveling, and was interested in some
frequencies for a particular area. But it seems to me, as I told him, we
should or "may" be able to get them for most any area on the web. IS THAT
TRUE?

Wasn't there a way of tapping into the FCC site for a given area, or
something similar? He asked about Canton Ohio in particular, but not to
limit the search to just there. He can't get the news groups, but does have
web capability if directed to a site.

Thanks in advance for your help. PLEASE - answer directly if possible, MY
news groups have been acting flaky and I may not see your reply.

Thanks again,

Lou

Old June 30th 04, 04:07 PM
kiwirat

Well I just typed frequencies canton ohio in Google, and there was
about 100,00 hits...........

Old June 30th 04, 05:41 PM
Lou

I got the message. Will pass it along. "I" don't travel much, so "I" don't
need them. I have all I need for where I live, plus some. As I said, I'll
pass it along. Hopefully his cable operated system can do google.

Thanks again!

Lou

Old July 2nd 04, 01:35 AM
michael agner

While lots of folks use the FCC databases, Cityfreq and Percon, these
all have a similar problem; old licenses that have expired (or not being
used as more and more folks transition to trunking) aren't removed; the
FCC simply doesn't have the manpower (personpower??) to do it. So while
there's gems among the dirt, you have to be a bit more familiar with the
region(s) you're interested in to find them.
To that end, there are numerous scanning egroups on Yahoo groups (and
probably other servers as well). It's always better to get freq
information from folks in the area - they're much more likely to be
accurate.
73s and GL...Mike

Old July 2nd 04, 08:01 AM
Jim Mac Donald

City Freq is a great site and is listed at the top of the following link,
as is the FCC web site.

Take the raw data from cityfreq and punch in the frequency or licensee
field at the FCC site to get the complete license abstract.

Go to the bottom of this board, the FREQUENCY board for more information look
under RELATED LINKS!

http://www.strongsignals.net/access/boards/frequency/board.cgi

You guys may also want to check out "what's illegal" he

http://www.afn.org/~afn09444/scanlaws/

BEFORE you go on a ROAD TRIP!
Jim

"Lou" wrote in message
[...]

Scanner Freqs. For The Province Of Ontario Scanner Audio Scanner 0 October 27th 03 07:15 PM
FS: scanner stuff Bart V Scanner 1 September 22nd 03 05:43 AM
mirror freqs for the 900 band. does anyone have a list?my scanner is a "locked " bc80xlt. lousy flagpins Scanner 0 August 7th 03 06:44 PM
Canadian Scanner Freq's!! Dave Holford Scanner 1 August 6th 03 06:41 PM
Scanner Freq's In Canada Undecided Scanner 4 July 29th 03 10:54 PM