Old July 7th 04, 04:46 PM
klown

Default pro-51 resistor value

I recently did the tail squelch mod to my pro-51 and I think I got the
surface mount resistor to hat (only used 25 watts). Anyway I didn't
like the mod so I pulled one hundred ohm resistor back off. Went I
turned the scanner back on it would not stop on my local police
frequency, I could turn up the squelch and listen put it would not
stop on its on. Long story sahort I need the resistor value to 105. b
If no one knows it, could someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks for all your help
Old July 7th 04, 06:47 PM
Bob Parnass

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 08:46:13 -0700, klown wrote:

I recently did the tail squelch mod to my pro-51 and I think I got the
surface mount resistor to hat (only used 25 watts). Anyway I didn't
like the mod so I pulled one hundred ohm resistor back off.

A 100 ohm resistor is much too low. You should be using a 100,000
(100 K) ohm resistor or higher.

Bob Parnass, AJ9S GNU/Linux User http://parnass.com