Old July 11th 04, 07:51 PM
klown

Default Using the tape deck as a means to listen to your scanner in the car.

I went ouy and bought one of those cd to cassette deals and it works
as long as audio is coming from the scanner, but when there is no
audio the tape deck ship to the other side and then ejects the tape.
Is there away around this????
Old July 11th 04, 09:39 PM
DougSlug

If you don't find a way to resolve this problem, I recommend buying a C.
Crane FM Transmitter and using your radio instead. This is the best
consumer-level FM transmitter available right now. You can even mod it to
get a little more power out. The big advantage is that there are no wires
running to your dash. See it at: http://www.ccrane.com

- Doug

om...

Old July 18th 04, 01:07 AM
mike

you need to disable auto reverse play on the car cassette player, so u can
some u can't.
try turning the imitation cassette upside down
else it's the type of adaptor cassette you have.
u need one with a spinning wheel in it to fool the tape motion sensor in
your player.

mike

"klown" wrote in message
om...
I went ouy and bought one of those cd to cassette deals and it works
as long as audio is coming from the scanner, but when there is no
audio the tape deck ship to the other side and then ejects the tape.
Is there away around this????

---

Old July 19th 04, 03:32 PM
Tom G

Doug,

OK, you got my attention. I'd like more information on the power mod. Can
you point me in the right direction?

Tom

"DougSlug" wrote in message
et...
If you don't find a way to resolve this problem, I recommend buying a C.
Crane FM Transmitter and using your radio instead. This is the best
consumer-level FM transmitter available right now. You can even mod it to
get a little more power out. The big advantage is that there are no wires
running to your dash. See it at: http://www.ccrane.com

- Doug

om...

Old July 20th 04, 03:12 AM
DougSlug

Carefully peel off the adhesive label on the back of the unit and turn the
potentiometer adjustment (available through a hole in the case) all the way
clockwise. I don't know how much this actually boosts the power, but it
works much better than most competing products, and I don't believe it would
violate Part 15 rules for the device (like changing the antenna would, for
instance).

- Doug

"Tom G" wrote in message
.. .
Doug,

OK, you got my attention. I'd like more information on the power mod. Can
you point me in the right direction?

Tom

"DougSlug" wrote in message
et...
If you don't find a way to resolve this problem, I recommend buying a C.
Crane FM Transmitter and using your radio instead. This is the best
consumer-level FM transmitter available right now. You can even mod it

get a little more power out. The big advantage is that there are no

wires
running to your dash. See it at: http://www.ccrane.com

- Doug

Coax signal deteriotion to Scanner Paul Keenleyside Scanner 3 December 10th 03 03:39 AM
How-to seal coax connectors Mario CB 0 November 26th 03 01:08 AM
FS: scanner stuff Bart V Scanner 1 September 22nd 03 05:43 AM
FS: Ampex Tube 351 2-ch & Ampex 300 mono... Tape deck MTM Boatanchors 0 September 16th 03 05:52 PM
FS: Ampex Tube 351 2-ch & Ampex 300 mono... Tape deck MTM Boatanchors 0 September 16th 03 05:52 PM