Old July 14th 04, 02:45 AM
None None

Default CD Player Receives FM

At night I sometimes listen to my portable CD player plugged into the
wall outlet and use a set of headphones. I pick up a local (as yet
unid.) FM radio station and have to turn up the volume to hear the CD
over the radio station which is very faint but clearly audible. Anyone
else have this happen? Is it the headphones' cord or is it the power
cord acting as an antenna?

Thanks!

Old July 20th 04, 12:56 AM
mike

probably both, but easy to find out which surely!
just run from batteries...is it still there?

i would suspect it to be either poor earthing in the leads (most in-ear
things have no braid at all!!)
of poor supression on the dc insocket.

two things to try.

1st, run the cd player as above in a metal tin or something metal with the
lid on, if it goes away, poor screening on the CD player case (not
suprising-i doubt it has any!)

of put some ferrite beads on the power & headphone leads.

you might wish to try another psu, but i doubt it will make any difference.

has this just started happening?

could be a local FM pirate near you?

mike

"None None" wrote in message
At night I sometimes listen to my portable CD player plugged into the
wall outlet and use a set of headphones. I pick up a local (as yet
unid.) FM radio station and have to turn up the volume to hear the CD
over the radio station which is very faint but clearly audible. Anyone
else have this happen? Is it the headphones' cord or is it the power
cord acting as an antenna?

Thanks!

---