Old August 10th 04, 03:07 PM
Mark Holmes

Default River Barges

I'm looking for any interested individuals in the South Central U.S. who
enjoy watching and listening to barges on the Mississippi River. The
Ohio and Mississippi both join up at Cairo, IL and that's where I
generally always go to watch at.

Mark Holmes
Marion, IL

Old August 10th 04, 03:20 PM
L.

If you need any info, I have a friend who travels those rivers as a river
boat captain. He is out on the boats as I speak so it would be some time
before I could speak to him. But send any questions you may have. IF he can
answer them - assuming the information is for public interest - I'll pass
the messages along. Remove "NO SPAM" to reply.

L.

Old August 12th 04, 05:25 PM
Sideshow

L-
What shipping company does your friend work for? I was a deckhand for
Coastal Towing back in the late 80s. Mainly, we worked the lower Miss.
and intra-coastal. It was a learning experience.
Old August 12th 04, 05:30 PM
L.

That, I have to ask.... He's told me, but damned if I can remember! I'll
find out and get back to you.

Lou

om...

Old September 12th 04, 08:24 PM
Nick Marsh

Mark,

I live in Cincinnati and as I travel up and down the Ohio I like to
listen when they lock through. Other than that, I haven't heard much
traffic, I usually monitor VHF marine freqs, are there others?

Nick
WB4SQI