Old August 12th 04, 05:34 AM
L.

Default Pro-95

OK..... I've read the news group for months... I've seen much discussion on
it.... BUT, though I read some of it, I never digested any of the info I
read as I didn't think I'd be interested or need. Now I find myself
interested....

IS there - software able to be downloaded to use to program the Pro 95? I
have 2 of them here, that I'd like to get programmed. I'm looking at this
as a time saver...... I do NOT plan to take my radios to RS for help. I'll
do it manually before I go there. I do remember the horror stories I read.
And, quite frankly, I know more of what is in use here than the folks
working there...... I don't know that there are 1000 frequencies here, which
may be the biggest dilemma (filling this thing up), but there are quite a
few and I've got the majority listed on paper..... Again, looking to do this
as a "time saver".

So, assuming my news groups behave themselves and work as they have been....
knock on wood! - I'll read any replies and see what you folks can offer up -
again!

I DO appreciate any help which may be forth coming....... I apologize for
having to beat this dead horse yet again.

Lou

Old August 12th 04, 07:26 AM
Donald K

L. wrote:

IS there - software able to be downloaded to use to program the Pro
95? I

Yes. I use Win95 available at the following link:

http://www.starrsoft.com/freeware/win95/default.asp

It does save a LOT of time.

Make sure you have the right cable. I got mine from
http://www.pro95.com/

More cable information he
http://www.starrsoft.com/freeware/Wi...es/cables.html

Good luck. I consider my Pro-95 to be the single best scanner purchase
I've ever made.

-Donald
--
"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem,
see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable
Old August 12th 04, 08:12 AM
L.

Thank you very much..... As to the cable, if I don't have it, I'm damned
sure I can make one... Electronics is my business... Computers, are another
story! Thus my asking for software!

L.

Old August 12th 04, 03:24 PM
TlgtrProd

I got a cable at 'blackbox.com' or something similar...I use the same software
and have been very happy so far...

Kevin (aka tlgtr)
****
Zip slowly, medical statistics show that over 100,000 people are injured
annually by their clothing.

Old August 12th 04, 03:40 PM
L.

Thanks... If I need to get a cable, I'll check it out. So far the schematic
looks fairly simple - it is just a matter of how fancy of a job I want to
do! I may end up making a small PC board for it for longevity.

L.

Old August 12th 04, 07:28 PM
A.Pismo Clam

I'd have to agree with Donald! The PRO-95 is a great addition; I've
graduated from a PRO-43 that I bought in 1994. I live in the burn area
of Southern California and used the PRO-43 exclusively, so the "95" was
a quantum leap for me.

I pray that I'll never need to use the PRO-95 under any remotely similar
conditions.

Just one more thing to add. Yahoo has a great PRO-95 group:

Donald K wrote:
L. wrote:

IS there - software able to be downloaded to use to program the Pro
95? I

Yes. I use Win95 available at the following link:

http://www.starrsoft.com/freeware/win95/default.asp

It does save a LOT of time.

Make sure you have the right cable. I got mine from
http://www.pro95.com/

More cable information he
http://www.starrsoft.com/freeware/Wi...es/cables.html

Good luck. I consider my Pro-95 to be the single best scanner purchase
I've ever made.

-Donald

--
MZ