Old August 14th 04, 07:04 AM
Matt

Default Florida's cyclone

TV coverage looks like it is interesting, but have so far heard very little.
Anyone got any live ones on HF?

Matt

Old August 14th 04, 08:02 AM
Donald K

Matt wrote:

TV coverage looks like it is interesting, but have so far heard very
little. Anyone got any live ones on HF?

The Huricane Net has been activated. 14.325 MHz USB.

http://www.hwn.org/

Mostly daylight hours until evening propagation shuts it down.

-D
--
"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem,
see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable
Old August 14th 04, 10:01 AM
Matt

"Donald K" wrote in message
Matt wrote:

TV coverage looks like it is interesting, but have so far heard very
little. Anyone got any live ones on HF?

The Huricane Net has been activated. 14.325 MHz USB.

http://www.hwn.org/

Mostly daylight hours until evening propagation shuts it down.

-D
--
"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem,
see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable
words." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thanks Donald, I have been listening there on and off, but no joy - guess
they QSY just about when propagation to my location (VK) would be feasible.
Mind you, probably not the best chance of hearing them with only an 80m
dipole.

Matt

Old August 14th 04, 03:16 PM
Jack Painter

"Matt" wrote
"Donald K" wrote

The Huricane Net has been activated. 14.325 MHz USB.

http://www.hwn.org/

Mostly daylight hours until evening propagation shuts it down.

-D

Thanks Donald, I have been listening there on and off, but no joy - guess
they QSY just about when propagation to my location (VK) would be

feasible.
Mind you, probably not the best chance of hearing them with only an 80m
dipole.
Matt

Most of the HWN members are using rotatable yagis and beams on 100' towers
with 1kw+ pwr. If you are not in their lobes it might not be a good signal.
Along the coast, I normally hear the net control stations very well, even on
a 60mtr dipole. They continue on that freq long into the night sometimes.
That band fades for me after darkness except from strongest of stations.

Jack