Old August 14th 04, 09:05 PM
Pat Cox

Default Icom PCR-1000

Lent my PRC-1000 to a friend and upon return with every piece of
software I use with it I get the following or a similiar message:
"Coummunication failed- cannot access receiver." I have seen this
message before when forgetting to toggle the power switch but nothing I
do will get the computer and PCR to communicate. I have looked and tried
all COM ports, etc. I have uninstalled all software and reinstalled by
the same message appears. Any suggestions? Does the EPROM need to be
reprogrammed? Thanks. pcox

Old August 14th 04, 09:42 PM
Bill Crocker

Some things to check...

Many computers have more than one serial port, COM-1, COM-2. Are you
certain it's plugged into the correct RS232 port on your computer? Is the
baud rate the same on both the radio, and the computer?

Bill Crocker

Old August 14th 04, 09:58 PM
DougSlug

Is it possible that something else you installed in the mean time may be
taking control of the serial port? Also, if you are running Palm software,
that is known to cause problems with the serial port.

Old August 14th 04, 11:10 PM
Panzer240

Pat Cox wrote in
:

Lent my PRC-1000 to a friend and upon return with every piece of
software I use with it I get the following or a similiar message:
"Coummunication failed- cannot access receiver." I have seen this
message before when forgetting to toggle the power switch but nothing I
do will get the computer and PCR to communicate. I have looked and tried
all COM ports, etc. I have uninstalled all software and reinstalled by
the same message appears. Any suggestions? Does the EPROM need to be
reprogrammed? Thanks. pcox

Check to see what serial port the modem, if any, uses on your computer.
The PCR-1000 must NOT be assigned to that port. You can check the port by
going to control panel and then modems. Also make sure that you are
connected to the correct port on the back of the computer. As far as
programming the EEPROM, that is a last resort and only use a copy saved
from your PCR-1000. Coule of othere things, have you tried a different
serial cable? (could be bad)Does the rX work when connected to a different
computer. In othere words does it just not work on your machine or on all
machines ??

BTW you willnot be able to re-program the EEPROM until you fix this
problem, since it is done over the serial connection,
--
Panzer