RadioBanter

-   -   Modifying cordless telephone (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/36149-modifying-cordless-telephone.html)

Jim August 15th 04 02:35 AM

Modifying cordless telephone

Has anyone ever thought of using them as a scanner?
I bet it wouldn't be that hard to modify my 900 MHz phone.
But then again I'm not very good with electronics.

DougSlug August 15th 04 02:41 AM

It would be easier to just buy a scanner. It's no trick finding one that
covers the 900 MHz band, and it would work a hell of a lot better.

om...

Jim August 16th 04 02:29 AM

"DougSlug" wrote in message ...
It would be easier to just buy a scanner. It's no trick finding one that
covers the 900 MHz band, and it would work a hell of a lot better.

How about 2.4 GHz band? Most scanners don't cover that band. I'm just
wondering if it is easy to modify the phone to use it as a receiver. I
could buy a used one for about $5 in garage sale.

DougSlug August 16th 04 03:37 AM

You're right, scanners that go up that high are definitely more expensive,
although not hard to get. However, most, if not all, of the 2.4 GHz phones
use digital and/or spread spectrum encoding or other forms of encryption or
"anti-scanner" techniques, so it wouldn't do any good even if you could
modify the phones. Eavesdropping has gotten a lot harder lately.

"Jim" wrote in message
om...