Old August 15th 04, 02:35 AM
Jim

Default Modifying cordless telephone

Has anyone ever thought of using them as a scanner?
I bet it wouldn't be that hard to modify my 900 MHz phone.
But then again I'm not very good with electronics.
Old August 15th 04, 02:41 AM
DougSlug

It would be easier to just buy a scanner. It's no trick finding one that
covers the 900 MHz band, and it would work a hell of a lot better.

om...

Old August 16th 04, 02:29 AM
Jim

"DougSlug" wrote in message ...
It would be easier to just buy a scanner. It's no trick finding one that
covers the 900 MHz band, and it would work a hell of a lot better.

How about 2.4 GHz band? Most scanners don't cover that band. I'm just
wondering if it is easy to modify the phone to use it as a receiver. I
could buy a used one for about $5 in garage sale.
Old August 16th 04, 03:37 AM
DougSlug

You're right, scanners that go up that high are definitely more expensive,
although not hard to get. However, most, if not all, of the 2.4 GHz phones
use digital and/or spread spectrum encoding or other forms of encryption or
"anti-scanner" techniques, so it wouldn't do any good even if you could
modify the phones. Eavesdropping has gotten a lot harder lately.

"Jim" wrote in message
om...