Old September 16th 04, 06:11 PM
Radio Man

Default Handheld Scanner Question

I am looking for a new handheld scanner with the following options:
1. Frequency range: About 25mhz-1ghz (No shortwave or cellular)
2. AM/Wide-Narrow FM With Attenuator
3. 400 or more memories
4. 8 or more pairs of search frequencies
5. BNC Antenna Jack
6. Will Accept Standard AA Batteries

I am presently using a Pro-26 & Pro 94.
These two radios have reasonable attenuation against
outside interference & overloading.. Are there handheld scanners
available that will do the same as the above mentioned radios?
In the past i tried the small scanners that went from 100khz-1.3 ghz
& i would pick up two or three frequencise on one channel.

Old September 16th 04, 08:17 PM
TlgtrProd

I have the Pro 95 and have been very happy with it. Now, it does allow you to
program with a computer.... Or you can do it manually, though I found this to
be a pain, but if you prefer it to each his own. And the manual as stated in
various post's does suck.

Kevin (aka tlgtr)
****
Zip slowly, medical statistics show that over 100,000 people are injured
annually by their clothing.

Old September 20th 04, 06:32 PM
Tom S

Yaesu VR120(D).

I had a VR120 and it was wonderful (sorry I sold it to pay for other
things). The "D" is the same but with a built in charger. Take a peak at
ebay. I recommend the VR120 very highly.

Tom