Old September 23rd 04, 08:22 PM
John

Default Radio Shack

Hi,

Is there anywhere to buy Radio Shack items like a PRO-95 at a discounted
price? there use to be Radio Shack dealers that sold below retail, at least
computer. I did a 'Google' without any luck.

Thanks in advance,

John

Old September 23rd 04, 09:53 PM
Alex Clayton

"John" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

Is there anywhere to buy Radio Shack items like a PRO-95 at a discounted
price? there use to be Radio Shack dealers that sold below retail, at
least
computer. I did a 'Google' without any luck.

Thanks in advance,

John

I don't know if anyone else sells the "Radio Shack" line, but the store it's
self does of course put them on sale from time to time. When I bought my 95
it was on sale around $50.00 off or so I think. I have seen them in the
flyers here on Sunday a few times. If you want one and are not in a hurry
keep an eye on the Sunday ads.
--
25% graduate functional illiterates. We should remove the warning labels
from everything and let nature take care of the problem.

Old September 23rd 04, 10:07 PM
WTP07

Hey John,

In Canada, there is the clearance outlet in the Mississauga, but I don't
think they carry much in the way of scanners anymore...

I don't know if the US version has clearance outlets, but I am betting they
do...if you go into your local shack and ask, I am sure if they can tell you
if they have a central clearing store for discontinued items.

Randy.

Old September 24th 04, 07:46 PM
DSL

If you want one and are not in a hurry keep an eye on the Sunday ads.

Having previosly worked for the shack this is the best advice if your NOT in
a hurry. With the holidays right around the corner it will probably go on
sale sometime before the end of the year.

Old September 24th 04, 07:50 PM
Alex Clayton

"WTP07" wrote in message
news
Hey John,

In Canada, there is the clearance outlet in the Mississauga, but I don't
think they carry much in the way of scanners anymore...

I don't know if the US version has clearance outlets, but I am betting
they
do...if you go into your local shack and ask, I am sure if they can tell
you
if they have a central clearing store for discontinued items.

Randy.

They seem to be doing that right now with the 94. Last time I looked they
were selling it for about $100.00. It's a trunking scanner, but does not
have "Alpha tags" I think I was told. Don't know what that means.