Old September 23rd 04, 10:31 PM
PRO-2053

Default PRO-2053 SCANNER SOFTWARE

Hello,
I have a Pro-2053 and a Pro-95
I have the WIN95 software and cable for the 95 works great! but.....
What do I need to program my Pro-2053?

Can I use the same cable?

Is there free software available for the 2053?

Any help would be greatly appreiated
Please e-mail me at
Thank you
-Russ

Old September 24th 04, 12:40 AM
Pilotbutteradio

Yep, the 2053 is the same inside as the PRO-93 handheld. They, along with
the PRO-95 use the same cable. The Win93 software is from the same guy that
does Win95. Happy scanning!

--
Dave,
Icom 746pro, Drake R-8, G.E. SR3, Grundig YB-400pe, Yaesu VX5R, Uniden

Old September 24th 04, 01:32 AM
PRO-2053

THANK YOU!
I love this software....it makes it so much easier!!!
Take care
-Russ
PS do you know where I can get it from?
A buddy e-mailed me WIN95?
Thanks-Russ

Old September 24th 04, 03:59 AM
Pilotbutteradio

http://www.donstarr.org/freeware/win93/

Free download.....You will have no trouble using it as it is nearly
identical to your Win95 software. Have fun,

Dave

Old September 24th 04, 03:15 PM
Jim Rusling

"Pilotbutteradio" wrote:

http://www.donstarr.org/freeware/win93/

Free download.....You will have no trouble using it as it is nearly
identical to your Win95 software. Have fun,

Dave

Is the PRO-2052 supported by one of your programs?

--
Jim Rusling
Partially Retired
Old September 25th 04, 01:18 AM
Pilotbutteradio

I don't think so Jim. Were I you I would do a Google search for "2052
software" and see if any programs work with it. I would think there are some
out there that do. Good luck,

Old September 25th 04, 02:03 AM
michael agner

No, the 2052 and 2053 are quite different; the 2052 is kinda closer
to the BC895 than anything else. It can be computer controlled, while
the 2053 cannot. The only inexpensive software I know that does the job
is Scan Control. I'd stay away from the Winscan and Scan Pro offerings;
Pozilla's lack of customer support and the general overall performance
of some of those Scan Pro offerings is kinda, well, crummy. I'm not sure
about the Radio Commander 2052 product - I haven't heard that much pro
or con about it. You can find URLs for all of these products he

http://www.strongsignals.net/access/.../software.html

There's a fairly interesting page on the 2052 he

http://mirror.bachelorsgrove.com/pro2052/

Of course, if you're really interested, you should join the PRO2052
Yahoo group; I've no doubt you'd get an earful as to what folks are
using. You can find it he

73s Mike