Old September 30th 04, 01:41 PM
Pat Cox

Default Space Station Repeater

If you are interested in hearing amateur radio operators work through
the onboard amateur repeater on the International Space Station there
will be a pass over the southeastern United States today, September 30,
from 1636-1646Z (1236-1246 EDT). The downlink frequency is 145.800 mhz
FM and if you want to listen for a nearby ham op the uplink is 437.800
mhz. FM. The ISS is at an altitude of 240 miles and easily heard. Take
into consideration the Doppler effect and at the start of the pass start
listening down in frequency 145.790 and move up in frequency as the bird
passes overhead to up in frequency to 145.810 mhz. Would be interesting
to see who hears it and your location. And if you want more data posted
about other satellites and when and where to listen just let me know.
Good luck. Pat K4AVO

Old September 30th 04, 09:42 PM
michael agner

Don't be - you're right on both counts. If the astronauts are busy,
they will at times turn on the packet system on the Kenwood (or use the
old TNC that's been up there for awhile). They use the same freq -
145.80 - whether working voice or the packet mailbox. The uplink freqs
are what is different.
73s Mike

Old October 1st 04, 05:25 AM
Erik

From Cleveland, OH - I heard voice just fine last night (9/29), but
tonight (9/30) it was packet. I would be interested in your other
satellite data as well!

Thanks.
Erik

Old October 2nd 04, 01:19 AM
michael agner

That's on hold; much of the impetus for that project got put on hold
when Columbia was destroyed. Talking to an astronaut friend of mine
(who was on both Columbia and Discovery), it's my impression it won't
happen until late next year sometime. It's definitely coming though;
AFAIK, they've commissioned the software (a modified version of
Chromapix) and all the hookups. It's awaiting the proper slot to get
sent up. Right now, understandably, the push is to get the essential
supplies up via the Soviet launches.
Once the shuttle launches resume - Spring 2005 is the last I heard -
that's the time folks should start watching for announcements about
SSTV. Not until then.
73s Mike

a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
new 2m repeater on space station g3zhi General 0 September 13th 04 02:20 PM
new 2m repeater on space station g3zhi Antenna 0 September 13th 04 11:17 AM
FS: Palomar 225 Pack Rat CB 12 September 16th 03 06:43 PM
I also need Diy plans for a 300 watt linear BR549 CB 2 September 16th 03 06:37 PM