Old October 2nd 04, 09:04 PM
hobergenix

Default BC796D Software

I am looking at buying a BC796 scanner. I downloaded Unidens version 1.00
software to give it a look. I do not know if they have a more current
version. I know Scancat gold is available. Is their any other scanner
software I should look at?

Mike

Old October 2nd 04, 10:22 PM
JER1538A

ARC 250
Old October 3rd 04, 03:37 AM
hobergenix

"JER1538A" wrote in message
ARC 250

I looked at it and it looks much better than the software sent with the
796D. I do not know much about the pro version, I think I am only looking at
their basic version. Would you rate the pro version better than scancat
gold. I see the ARC Software id much cheaper. I will have to do some more
reading and compare.

Mike

Old October 3rd 04, 08:33 PM
hobergenix

"hobergenix" wrote in message
m...
I am looking at buying a BC796 scanner. I downloaded Unidens version 1.00
software to give it a look. I do not know if they have a more current
version. I know Scancat gold is available. Is their any other scanner
software I should look at?

Mike

I have to agree now that I have looked at both ARC250 and Scancat gold. The
price is very fair. One thing I want to do is put in frequencies for
something like the News Media and log the most active to a file so that I
can delete the inactive ones. I think ARC250 will take it a step further
and record the audio to hard disk as well.

Mike

Old October 5th 04, 03:30 AM
hobergenix

I have looked at all three. One nice thing I like about ARC250 is what
appears to be the ability to cut frequencies off the web or text and load
them in. I have to look at it a little more. The web site Frequency of
Nature looks like you can do this. I also get the Monitoring times online
magazine sent to me and this would be a plus.

The ScanCat software has been around for a long time but I feel its a bit
pricy for what it doses. The E-scanner plus software I think is also pricy
for what it doses. I also see that Uniden released the control codes so it
probably wont be too long before people write their own.

Old October 9th 04, 04:58 PM
Step55431

where do you get this arc software??
Old October 9th 04, 10:22 PM
michael agner

Their server seems to be having problems right now, but if you call
Scanner Master, they can sell you ARC250; there are 2 versions, basic
and pro. You might want to go to BuTel's page and check out the
differences. Their page is:

http://www.butel.nl

73s Mike