Old October 17th 04, 01:31 AM
AllanStern

Default Rare Mil Acft Type Monitored at Patrick AFB

Many of us try to snag comms from the rarer Military acft instead of just
the REACH cargo planes and F-16 fighters that abound.
One of the very few C-32B acft in existence came to work the pattern at
Patrick AFB on Thursday 14 Oct 2004, and I was able to snap a few decent photos
of him. The robin's-egg-blue Florida sky contrasted with the sexy all-white
gleaming image of this beautiful bird.
He arrived at 11:35am EDT (1535z), first working radar approaches with
Approach and then flying the pattern VFR with the tower.
This time he did not come up on 344.6 to get the weather back home at
Eglin, as C-32Bs usually do. Instead he explained to the tower that he was
VHF-only. Also, when getting his clearance back to VPS he IDd his acft type to
Patrick Dispatch as a "T/B-752," which correctly IDs the C-32B as a Boeing
B-757 variant; the T connotes that he is TCAS-equipped.
I have placed three of the photos I shot of DACTYL 80 on my webpage at:

http://hometown.aol.com/allanstern/m...age/index.html

Just scroll down below the frequencies on my webpage and enjoy the view.
Is he beautiful or what?

AL STERN Satellite Beach FL (28-11N 80-36W) monitoring
 Patrick AFB (KCOF)  NASA-KSC Shuttle Landing Fac (KX68)
 Avon Park Bombing Range (KAGR)  Cape Canaveral AFS (KXMR)
 JSTARS E-8 Acft Integration Facility, Melbourne IAP (KMLB)
 Worldwide Military HF Communications
 Life Member: Missile, Space and Range Pioneers.
 http://hometown.aol.com/allanstern/m...age/index.html (My Freqs)
 http://hometown.aol.com/scanaddict/index.html (My Equipment)