RadioBanter

-   -   FIGHTING a mobile scanner charge from MN (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/36538-fighting-mobile-scanner-charge-mn.html)

Sideshow November 2nd 04 02:17 PM

Oops. Spelling error.

Your name wouldn't be Emilio, would it?

Wet Chicken November 2nd 04 03:59 PM

I missed the beginning of the thread, so I apologize if this has been
covered or I am not close to topic.
Hams are not required to carry proof of license. You are only required to
have your license at a fixed position.

WC

"clifto" wrote in message
Bill wrote:
Also bring your new amateur radio license. Even if the date of issue is
after your ticket, the license shows that the law is trying to

accommodate
people like you.

Even if the date of issue is after his ticket, it's probably NOT before
he was told he passed the exam and would certainly have a license.

--
Consider http://www.clifto.com/goodguys.html before you vote.

clifto November 4th 04 04:08 PM

Wet Chicken wrote:
Hams are not required to carry proof of license. You are only required to
have your license at a fixed position.

Hams are not required to carry proof of license *by Federal law*
*to operate radio gear*. I believe the requirement to have a copy of
the station license at the station still applies, not positive if
that requires a copy at the mobile station.

Hams can be required to carry proof of license *by state law* *for
laws that provide exemptions to hams*. You couldn't be prosecuted
for not carrying the license, but you might not be given the exemption
such a law offers and so might be prosecuted, not for not carrying the
license, but for breaking the law that you lost the exemption for.

--
"Can't we all just learn to live together?" -- Rodney King
'***THWAP***' -- 100,000,000 million minds reacting in synchrony

Ken November 4th 04 07:52 PM

"clifto" wrote in message
Wet Chicken wrote:
Hams are not required to carry proof of license. You are only required

have your license at a fixed position.

IMHO, (with a few facts thrown it)
If you operate ham gear where your at, your required to have your license.
If state law requires you to be a licensed ham to operate a mobile scanner,
your required to have your license in your possession. This isn't rocket
science.
Its common sense. If you break the law or make a fool out of yourself
showing
the nice police officer things that an intelligent person would keep to
themselves,
you pay the price, learn from it, & become a better man for
it..........................
Forget this crap about trying to prove everyone else wrong, if you really
want to
save face, be a man - forget it - & move on. Pay the dumb fine,Going to
court,
wasting taxpayers time and money trying to prove your something your not is
stupid.
That's what got you into this mess to begin with. Look it up - the law
tells you when
your to have your license in your possession.

Ralph Mowery November 5th 04 02:39 AM

"clifto" wrote in message
Wet Chicken wrote:
Hams are not required to carry proof of license. You are only required

have your license at a fixed position.

Hams are not required to carry proof of license *by Federal law*
*to operate radio gear*. I believe the requirement to have a copy of
the station license at the station still applies, not positive if
that requires a copy at the mobile station.

Hams can be required to carry proof of license *by state law* *for
laws that provide exemptions to hams*. You couldn't be prosecuted
for not carrying the license, but you might not be given the exemption
such a law offers and so might be prosecuted, not for not carrying the
license, but for breaking the law that you lost the exemption for.

As state laws can vary I can't comment on that as the state I live in does
not seem to have any "radio or scanner laws" that need proof of ham
licenses.

The FCC only requires your name to be in the data base. That means for new
hams they can operate as soon as they find their call in the database on the
internet, or someone finds it for them. No paper license is required. This
may only take a few days from the time the test is taken depending on how
fast the results of the test is sent to the FCC.

Nicik Name November 8th 04 10:14 PM

"a1mixer" wrote in message
Very dumb and stupid move.

When you get pulled over for something, you respond "no sir" and "yes
sir"...

Roll your window down one inch and keep your mouth shut.

Atheist November 10th 04 01:31 AM

Anyone who drives a Hummer for their "Daily Driver" who is not a member of
the Armed Forces is an arrogant ass who deserves whatever tickets they may
get. Scan that dude......

SouthDakotaRadio November 10th 04 03:10 PM

Having been born and raised in Minnesota, I can tell you that it is one of the
most restrictive states in the country. All kinds of extra red tape,
regulations, and restrictions apply here.

This and the sky-high levels of taxation are why I moved myself and my business
across the border to South Dakota several years ago.

Stereophile22 November 15th 04 04:03 AM

Bill wrote:
Also bring your new amateur radio license. Even if the date of issue is

The FCC isn't issuing any new amateutrtadio licenses.

They said it's because of a computer error at the FCC.

so I guess there goes my attempt to get aan amateur radio license which I as
going to try to to do sometime.