Old October 31st 04, 05:21 PM
midol

Default PRO-96 - Hell yeah or hell no?

uh (Eric ............) wrote in
:

I plan on getting one once our local police (Redding, CA) switches to
the APCO 25 digital system. I hope it is not until the Pro-96 is
offered though. Hopefully sometime after (as the price may drop a
little). Watch
www.trunkedradio.net for my input on this scanner for
my area (once I get it dialed in to monitor).
Eric G.
education CANNOT buy common sense

I work for RS, and from what I've heard through the grapevine- the price
on the '96 will not drop before Christmas. Instead, the '95 will
probably remain on sale until the end of the year. We've got at leat 15
of the '95s stocked in our store alone, and sales continue to be good.
We can't even get a '96 in our store...most are stocked in the larger
stores, while the majority are still sold RSU.

Thought some may find it funny here...the latest updated ScanCat Light
program pushed to the stores showed up with an empty frequency DB...we
had to load the -1 version to have a DB to load to the '95s we sold. I
loaded a '95 a few days before I discovered the error...the customer came
back a few hours later complaining that all of his channels were locked
out. I spent a few minutes resetting the scanner and reloading,
again...an empty DB...before finding the problem...duh ;-)

midol