Old November 23rd 04, 07:50 PM
Bo Harris

Default 2 Radios connected to 1 discone splitter suggestions

Any suggestion on a perfect or near perfect method to connect 2 scanners
to 1 discone.
Old November 23rd 04, 08:09 PM
Volker Tonn

Bo Harris schrieb:

Any suggestion on a perfect or near perfect method to connect 2 scanners
to 1 discone.

Take a simple TV-signal splitter.
Or take a TV-signal enhancer with 2 outputs....

Old November 24th 04, 03:28 AM
Talk Group Alpha

http://www.stridsberg.com/

Old November 26th 04, 12:56 AM
Terry

Bo Harris wrote in message .. .
Any suggestion on a perfect or near perfect method to connect 2 scanners
to 1 discone.

I use a MiniCircuits ZFSC-2-1, which is rated , from memory so it might
not be exact, 5~500MHz. I use two, one for my SW gear and it passes
the local NDB on 277KHz with no loss, and the other with my Pro2004 and
Pro34, go on an laugh but they work great, and back before the ECPA
went into effect it passed cell traffic with no noticiable loss.
I bought mine at a hamfeast for about $5 each. I have seen them
on Ebay for $12 or so. Be carefull that you get uits with the
correct connctors. Mine have BNC, but I did a quick search while
writting this and there are a lot with SMA connectors.

The next best bet is an active splitter from http://www.stridsberg.com/.

Be sure to use low loss coax to minimiz the system losses.
In an perfect world the best passive splitter will cut your signal
going to each radio in half. By reducing the loss before the splitter
you will really help pull in the weak signals.
Terry