RadioBanter

-   -   Old Timer is a Newb again! Explain Trunking and Digital PLEASE! (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/36699-old-timer-newb-again-explain-trunking-digital-please.html)

Katmandu November 30th 04 11:44 PM

Old Timer is a Newb again! Explain Trunking and Digital PLEASE!

Used to be "into" Scanners/CBs several years back (7-8 years ago or so).

Had a sweet Pro-2004 with a few mods. It couldn't pick up my locals since
they switched to 800Mhz "Trunked" , so I lost interest.

Just stuck my toe back into the hobby recently and WOW has Tech took off!
(No surprise really).

What are some good websites to get a crash course on Trunking and Digital
and all the up to date Tech on the Scanning hobby ??

How do I find out which type Trunking system my County is using ??

TIA!!