RadioBanter

-   -   CTCSS Decoding (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/36708-ctcss-decoding.html)

Volker Tonn December 5th 04 12:09 AM

RadioMan2 schrieb:

... Is there any program's out there that will do this with the
straight audio going into the sound card?

It depends on the AF-stage in the radio and the filtering wich is done
there. Some radios do better some don't.
It's not a programmable feature on the decoding program!

whoever December 5th 04 01:24 AM

AWWWW little steavie doesn't like being called a tard?

dxAce wrote:

Volker Tonn wrote:

dx'tard wrote:

That is correct. So... plugging the radio into a better speaker will therefore not
help... unless the high pass filter is disabled.

Most VHF/UHF receivers are not having a highpass filter going so high
(300Hz) but only to about 55 Hz in Europe or 65 Hz in US because of the
mains freqs. It's only the transceivers wich are using these tones
having the freqs up to 300Hz blocked to the AF-stage.
It's simple enough to tap the discriminator output on the RX-section of
nearly any (T)RX.
I have a handheld scanner provinding the CTCSS-tones just out of the
headphone jack. The built-in speaker is too tiny to go below 150Hz.
BTW the higher tones above 150Hz are not used very often.

Thanks Deutsche'tard.

BDK December 5th 04 07:55 AM

In article ,
says...

clifto wrote:

Al Klein wrote:
It's not the program. Most radios have a high-pass filter in the
audio so that you don't hear the CTCSS tone.

No, most radios have a three-inch speaker that can't reproduce the
CTCSS tone. If you plug a hi-fi speaker into most radios, you'll hear
the CTCSS just fine.

No, don't think so. The CTCSS tones are 'sub-audible', that is, they are below
the range that humans can hear.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

--
The state religion of the USA is atheism, as established by the courts.

No, just on most radios, the low end is cut off by
filters and the crappy speaker. The tone on the Ohio
Turnpike troopers on 155.790 and 155.685 is one af about
a half dozen that can be easily heard around the Toledo
area. It's the "whine" in the background...

If you can't hear from 50-200hz, you have serious
problems...;)

BDK

dxAce December 5th 04 10:41 AM

whoever wrote:

AWWWW little steavie doesn't like being called a tard?

How about you, 'tard boy?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

dxAce December 5th 04 10:45 AM

BDK wrote:

In article ,
says...

clifto wrote:

Al Klein wrote:
[...]

No problem here, my ears are quite good. My point was that with most radios, whether
one uses a good speaker system or not, the tones won't be heard.

That being due to the high pass filter. If you are hearing them, then perhaps your
system is not really up to par, or there are other issues with the transmitting
system which you have no control over.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

dxAce December 6th 04 05:31 AM

whoever wrote:

There ya go, I didn't call you anything and you start again?

Start? Hell, I was just putting the icing on, 'tard boy.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

whoever December 6th 04 02:24 PM

Make up your mind TARDGIRL, are they 'sub-audible' or are they filtered?

TURDGIRL wrote:
"No, don't think so. The CTCSS tones are 'sub-audible', that is, they
are below
the range that humans can hear."

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Volker Tonn wrote:
"You will see that they are very audible on a decent system."

TURDGIRL wrote:
"That is correct. So... plugging the radio into a better speaker will
therefore not
help... unless the high pass filter is disabled."

This is what happens when they made low codes general!

dxAce December 6th 04 05:13 PM

TURDGIRL wrote:
"No, don't think so. The CTCSS tones are 'sub-audible', that is, they
are below
the range that humans can hear."

Make up your mind 'tard boy... am I TARDGIRL or TURDGIRL?

LMAO at the 'tard boy,

dxAce
Michigan
USA

whoever December 6th 04 05:33 PM

Why not answer the question Steven?
Make up your mind, are they 'sub-audible' or are they filtered?
Or is the best you can do is call people names?

TURDTHING wrote:

Make up your mind 'tard boy... am I TARDGIRL or TURDGIRL?

LMAO at the 'tard boy,

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Why ask me? Look in the mirror.
Be very careful when you LYAO cause there may be nothing left of you,
you'll laugh yourself away!