RadioBanter

-   -   CTCSS Decoding (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/36708-ctcss-decoding.html)

dxAce December 6th 04 05:43 PM

whoever wrote:

Why not answer the question Steven?
Make up your mind, are they 'sub-audible' or are they filtered?
Or is the best you can do is call people names?

I'm just following in your footsteps, 'tard boy!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Al Klein December 7th 04 10:52 PM

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 23:19:15 GMT, Tony VE6MVP
said in alt.radio.scanner:

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 21:33:38 -0500, "RadioMan2"
wrote:

I would like to try an decode CTCSS tones with my scanner. Most software
that is out there to do this, you must have a discriminator tap so it will
grab the audio better.

Not that it helps you but in RTFMing the manual on my handheld 2m/70cm
transciever it will decode the CTCSS tone. This has to be done on the
receive frequency though so I'd have to be in range of the
transmitting radio rather than the repeater.

Many repeaters transmit the CTCSS tone.