Old January 27th 05, 06:18 PM
Dave Holford

Default Poppers? --- I WANT ONE !!!

Dimitrios Tzortzakakis wrote:

Radio signals will destroy you....

Wow, the population of Malvern, England must really have been cooked
over the years with the assorted high power RADAR systems operated at
the Royal Radar Establishment and the other stuff at the
Telecommunications Research Establishment (The names and roles have
changed several times over the years).

ISTR that the radiation was intense enough that during the coronation of
Elizabeth II a fascinating and artistic? display of gas discharge tubes
was erected and powered solely by the incident radiation. Certainly
during my time there a neon or fluorescent bulb did not require
wires to work.

Also the folks around Cutler, Maine with the 2+ Megawatt VLF transmitter
which has been running for several generations must be showing some
signs, as should the folks around Jim Creek etc. etc.

There are multiple places with transmitters on these frequencies running
many, many times the power of any portable device - they have
dedicated power lines or huge dedicated generators which obviously far
exceed the capability of any transportable device.

But, I think I'll put an aluminum shield on my front lawn to protect me
from that long range radar I can see across the field, trouble is there
is a high power VHF TV transmitter beyond my back yard - maybe I'll dig
a hole and line it with copper? They both use back-up generators which
would require a very large truck to move and consume large quantities of
fuel so I suspect they out-perform any portable 'bubble'.

Dave

Poppers? --- I WANT ONE !!! Stephen M.H. Lawrence General 2 January 28th 05 02:10 AM
Poppers? --- I WANT ONE !!! Stephen M.H. Lawrence Shortwave 2 January 28th 05 02:10 AM
Poppers? --- I WANT ONE !!! Dave Holford General 0 January 27th 05 06:18 PM
Poppers Doug Adair General 0 January 27th 05 11:58 AM
Poppers? --- I WANT ONE !!! [email protected] Shortwave 0 January 26th 05 11:27 PM