Old February 19th 05, 01:50 AM
cl

Default BC 760 XLT

Anyone have a schematic on this unit OR the whole service manual?

This one seems to have some sort of Power Supply problem. No frequency shows
up, no or weak audio. When it is turned off and on real quick, sometimes, it
will seem to reset, and work - albeit the frequencies in memory are gone. I
have resoldered the Solder Joints off of the DC jack, which were loose.
Checked a couple components, not sure now where to look with out the
schematic. Any ideas?

Old February 19th 05, 01:53 AM
cl

Forgot to mention, if ya have a copy of the service manual, would be glad to
pay for any copies.

o.verio.net...

Old February 19th 05, 04:36 AM
Bob Parnass

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 20:50:05 -0500, cl wrote:

This one seems to have some sort of Power Supply problem. No frequency shows
up, no or weak audio. When it is turned off and on real quick, sometimes, it
will seem to reset, and work - albeit the frequencies in memory are gone. I
have resoldered the Solder Joints off of the DC jack, which were loose...

Have you tried a different external power supply?

Bob Parnass, AJ9S GNU/Linux User http://parnass.com

Old February 19th 05, 01:03 PM
cl

Yes........... They had it mounted in a vehicle when the problem started,
"I" am using a power supply which is set to the proper voltage and current
to operate the scanner, not the/a wall adapter.....

news

Old February 19th 05, 01:11 PM
cl

As I said, I checked and repaired "loose" solder joints around the DC jack,
then tested a few other components I thought could be the culprit, via
tracing down the traces. No luck. Without the schematic, not sure where to
go from here. I checked the voltage regulators in there - the 2 that I seen,
they seemed to be ok. Just looking for some ideas to go with, short of
having documentation. Usually I've been able to trace the problems down, but
this one has me stumped - for now - anyway.

.verio.net...

Old February 19th 05, 02:16 PM
Bob Parnass

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 08:11:03 -0500, cl wrote:

As I said, I checked and repaired "loose" solder joints around the DC jack,
then tested a few other components I thought could be the culprit, via
tracing down the traces. No luck. Without the schematic, not sure where to
go from here.

Check your email.

Bob Parnass, AJ9S GNU/Linux User http://parnass.com