Old February 28th 05, 04:20 PM
tom

Default what's the difference between simplex and half-duplex?

what's the difference between simplex and half-duplex?

Old February 28th 05, 04:57 PM
DougSlug

Here's a definition:
http://physinfo.ulb.ac.be/cit_course...omm/dc_014.htm

Old February 28th 05, 05:00 PM

Old February 28th 05, 05:03 PM

tom wrote:
what's the difference between simplex and half-duplex?

Description of GMRS Simplex and Duplex Operation:
http://www.gmrs.org/gmrs_ovr.htm

As a member of a GMRS Repeater User's Group (RUG),
you can access the group's repeater for your personal use.

FCC's General Mobile Radio Service (GMRS) website
http://wireless.fcc.gov/services/personal/generalmobile

PRSG's GMRS Licensing Information
http://www.provide.net/~prsg/license.htm

The FCC GMRS Licensing Process
http://www.pe.net/~atd/fcc605.htm

Filing General Mobile Radio Service License
http://www.hrdent.com/gmrs/gmrsapp.html

FCC 605 Main Form - Quick-Form Application for Authorization
http://www.fcc.gov/Forms/Form605/605main.pdf (.PDF file)

FCC 159 Form - Remittance Advice
http://www.fcc.gov/Forms/Form159/159.pdf (.PDF file)

A Travel Tone System for GMRS travelers and vistors
http://www.gmrsweb.com/gmrs1413.html

A More Detailed Description
http://www.provide.net/~prsg/wi-gmrs.htm

GMRS Web Magazine
http://www.gmrsweb.com/gmrs.html

General Mobile Radio Service Forums
http://www.popularwireless.com./cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi

Yahoo! Groups: GMRS Group (may require cookies/sign-in)

GMRS Web Magazine Mailing List (may require cookies/sign-in)

Radio Emergency Associated Communications Teams (REACT)
http://www.reactintl.org

A Central Registry for G-M-R-S Repeater Owners and Users
http://www.g-m-r-s.org

The GMRS Web Bubble-Pack Pirate FAQ
http://www.gmrsweb.com/gmrsbppfaq.html

Radio Retailer Code of Conduct
http://www.gmrsweb.com/gmrscoderetailer.html

GMRS Intruder Alert!
http://www.gmrsweb.com/intruderalert.html

GMRS Radio Operator Code of Conduct
http://www.gmrsweb.com/gmrscodeoperator.html

Old February 28th 05, 11:16 PM
mikeFNB

but that describes data movement not the radio definition

Simplex
is where only one channel is in use. each party take their turn to TX & RX.

Semi-Duplex or Half-Duplex
is where two channels are in use, either party 'can' RX & TX at the sametime
(if enabled) but both cannot do it simultaneously.

not to be confused with
Split,
which is the same as simplex but on two channels.

Full Duplex
is same as above where it can be done simultaneously (like a telephone)

mike

Old March 2nd 05, 09:30 PM
tom

sorry -- i won't ask questions like this one anymore.
i realize i must have offended the group by asking this type of question.

Old March 2nd 05, 11:37 PM
mikeFNB

did you?
didn't me
hope i helped you with my other reply

mike

Old March 3rd 05, 04:09 AM
DxxxxxBxx

Tom, don't stop asking questions. I don't know what you are talking
about. I read the other postings on this subject and nothing seems
like anyone was offended. It seems like your question was answered
and you were referred to some web links.

What gave you the impression anyone was offended?

"tom" wrote in message
what's the difference between simplex and half-duplex?

Spammers, please send email to:

and get your SMTP server blacklisted!
Old March 3rd 05, 04:43 AM
tom

Believe it or not, I thought I was sending that post to another group, but
what happened was that a different group-name had the focus than I thought
had the focus, so when I clicked on the send button it went to a different
group than I was trying to send it to.
Aggravating the situation is the fact that this NNTP server doesn't seem to
carry out cancel requests, so I couldn't remove it.

Old March 6th 05, 02:41 AM
DxxxxxBxx

Too many icons at the top.

Yes, sometimes when things go to the wrong group, you get blasted.
There are alot of "children" out there.

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 04:43:17 GMT, "tom" wrote:

Believe it or not, I thought I was sending that post to another group, but
what happened was that a different group-name had the focus than I thought
had the focus, so when I clicked on the send button it went to a different
group than I was trying to send it to.
Aggravating the situation is the fact that this NNTP server doesn't seem to
carry out cancel requests, so I couldn't remove it.

.. .