Old March 5th 05, 12:42 AM
Toywizard

Default BC296D bunch o questions

Hello all

I just purchased a BC296D and its pretty cool.
I have had scanners for 30 years and when they started going digital it was
like lights being turned off. lol

ANyway, has anyone had problems getting the software "Bearcat Supplied"
control direct working fine but the upload and downloading of freqs not
communicating? I get "Communication error".

Also
It seems to be a real pain to get the sound quality tuned to a reasonable
level and do you have to tune every digital freq?
I got a couple pretty good but several others suck.

Also
After you charge the battery 18 hours (unit shut off but plugged in) I get a
few hours and the low battery "beep" starts in. Doesn't the unit run under
house power without the battery? I run scanners 24-7 and need to be able to
pull it out to the truck from time to time.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Scott L Golden
Never Give Up

Old March 20th 05, 08:40 PM
will363

1. Please make sure you are using the exact connector that came with
your scanner to hook it up with you computer, don't use a usb port
adapter.I know it's a pain in the behind to hook it up to the back of
the computer..I've met a few guys who had this problem too.
If you are using an adapter, you have to readjust which port it is
using..The older kind they give you from uniden uses port 1.Your usb
adapters use another.I can't tell you which one it is without looking @
your cpu.

2. I have a few bad feqs soundwise but I only adjust them if they are
real bad.

3 I took that lame battery pack outta my 296, cut the wires and hooked
it up instead to a battery holder I took out of a cheap radio.I
recharge those and only put them in when I take the scanner outside.
You can easily take the battery pack out, it clips into the back of the
scanner.

The FAQ (Well, Question 1, at least) Airy R.Bean Homebrew 20 February 22nd 05 07:04 PM
The FAQ (Well, Question 1, at least) Airy R.Bean General 20 February 22nd 05 07:04 PM
Response to "21st Century" Part Two (Communicator License) N2EY Policy 0 November 30th 03 01:28 PM
Low reenlistment rate charlesb Policy 54 September 18th 03 01:57 PM
BEWARE SPENDING TIME ANSWERING QUESTIONS HERE (WAS Electronic Questions) CW Antenna 1 September 5th 03 06:20 PM