Old April 5th 05, 10:37 PM
MnMikew

Default What are these?

wrote in message

Uniden just repaired my bc200xlt and these are the parts that they used:

Parts Used
BATTERY
IC202
R215
WIRE

Battery and wire are self explantory. My guess is that the IC202 is an
integrated circut and the R215 is a resistor.

Old April 5th 05, 11:54 PM
Dave S

"To fully charge the battery pack, leave the Adapter/Charger connected for
14 to 16 hours."

Try downloading the PDF from he
http://www.scannernytt.info/manualer...s%20manual.pdf

--

Dave S

wrote in message
On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 16:37:55 -0500, in rec.radio.scanner "MnMikew"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .

Uniden just repaired my bc200xlt and these are the parts that they

used:

Parts Used
BATTERY
IC202
R215
WIRE

Battery and wire are self explantory. My guess is that the IC202 is an
integrated circut and the R215 is a resistor.

Thanks. I wonder if they are sending me a new battery? I know that the
batteries that come with these originally had some sort of problem.. I'll

find
out soon, it's due back here on the 6th. It's been broken for about 10

years, I
only held on to it for sentimental reasons. I could not afford to get it

fixed,
or so I thought. Now I've learned that these radios can be repaired by

Uniden
and for less than they are selling for on Ebay. I loved this radio, it

feels
like an old friend. I'll so excited to have it back and working again.

But
first I'm am supposed to "CHARGE BATTERIES COMPLETELY ACCORDING TO OWNERS
MANUAL" .. great I don't have the manual.. I guess it means leave it

plugged in
for 8 hours??

Old April 6th 05, 12:36 AM
Dave S

I just did a Google search. Unfortunately, the two versions I tried were
both scanned versions - I don't know if there's a "proper" PDF version for
this model anywhere.

Of the two I tried, this was the better - both a better scan, and a
reasonable table of contents.

--

Dave S

wrote in message

thanks, I could not find the manual on Uniden's site..

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 08:54:04 +1000, in rec.radio.scanner "Dave S"
wrote:

"To fully charge the battery pack, leave the Adapter/Charger connected

for
14 to 16 hours."

Try downloading the PDF from he

http://www.scannernytt.info/manualer...xlt%20owners%2

0manual.pdf

Old April 14th 05, 05:58 PM
Jeff Stillinger

After doing a google search (Uniden+IC202) the part is the
discriminator-ic.

More details as to it's exact location can be found here
http://www.discriminator.nl/ubc3000xlt/index-en.html

--j
KB6IBB