Old April 6th 05, 06:38 AM
Rick Frazier

Default FS: AOR AR-2500 scanner

For Sale: AOR AR-2500 Scanner.

AOR AR2500 Programmable Scanner
Base or Mobile Continuous Coverage Bands 1000 Channels

Includes RS AC Adapter and printed copy of manual plus manual and
service manual on CD-ROM.

Free Shipping to US locations via USPS Priority Mail. Other shipping
options or areas at additional cost.

I live on the big island of Hawaii, and there's not all that much going
on here in the scanning scene, so am selling this unit because my needs
are satisfied with my old RS pro-2021 and a ham handheld (Yaesu FT-530)
that also can be set up to scan the few freqs it takes to keep up here.
Trust me, it's nothing like living in San Jose CA, where I escaped from
a while back. Here, I have all of the "interesting" frequencies
available here in a single bank, not including the local airport...

For those that need discriminator or detector output, you can tap it on
the chip TA-7761P, which is IC 13 on pin 9.

Total price including shipping as mentioned above: $100.00. If you
want, I can accept credit cards direct through my company.

If interested reply to the email ) or call me on
my cellular at 808-640-3549. Bear in mind that since the mainland is on
daylight savings time, we are 3 hours behind the west coast... (if you
call me before 930am west coast time, the cell phone is off...)

According to information I found on the internet, The AR2500 has
continuous coverage from 1 MHz to 1500 MHz, with AM, FM and WBFM modes,
as well as a BFO for CW and SSB. The unit is pretty small as home
scanners go, 2 1/4"H x 5 5/8"W x 6 1/2"D. and weighing about 14 ounces.

There are 62 banks of 32 channels each, plus another 16 search banks.
Scan banks can be scanned separately, or linked together. Scan and
search rates are fast, about 36 per second, if frequencies within a bank
are kept reason- ably close together. Search increments are 5, 12.5 and
25 KHz.

There is a 9 pin type D connector on the rear panel for external
computer control, and AOR had software available, and aftermarket
scanner control software may handle this unit. The antenna connector is
a BNC type, and there is a switchable attenuator. The AR2500 has a
9-segment LED signal strength meter, a feature not found on most
scanners.

One of the first things that a user will notice is that the channels
within a bank are not numbered, and that the AR2500 will sort the
contents within a bank in descending frequency order. When a bank is
full, the word "FULL" will appear on the display, and one or more of the
old channels will have to be deleted. Operation of the 2500 is quite a
bit different from most scanners, but is not difficult to master it.

The manual is written by ACE, and is well-written and easy to follow,
but lacks in any real technical data about the radio. It covers in
detail how to program and control the radio through the computer port.
There are about seven pages listing the contents of all 2016
preprogrammed channels, which are all the commonly used public service
frequencies in use in the USA. (many of these have likely been replaced
when I lived in San Jose)

So, if interested, let me know. No response here means it goes up on
eBay soon....

Thanks
--Rick

Old April 10th 05, 05:06 AM
nova1010

DO you still have the AR-2500 rick?

FS: scanner stuff Bart V Scanner 1 October 8th 05 12:47 AM
Advice on buying a scanner John Scanner 0 August 25th 04 12:11 PM
Pro-95 Scanner John Jenkins Scanner 2 January 16th 04 01:21 AM
Coax signal deteriotion to Scanner Paul Keenleyside Scanner 3 December 10th 03 03:39 AM
FS: scanner stuff Bart V Scanner 1 September 22nd 03 05:43 AM