Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 24th 05, 09:02 PM
Bruce W.1

Default What's the best simple scanner?

What's a good simple scanner for VHF and UHF?

Let me clarify that. I used to have a Radio Shack Pro 2006 scanner.
Whenever I got around to using it I couldn't figure it out and had to
read the manual again.

I'd like to be able to turn it on and just enter a frequency, period. A
tuning knob for the VFO would be nice too, so I could easily search
around. This feature is more common on a communications receiver, which
is maybe what I need. But I don't see any reason why a scanner couldn't
have a knob too.

It doesn't need to have a gazillion memories, ten would be fine. And it
would be nice if the memories could be labelled (alphabetic). It should
not have an internal lithium battery (for the memory) that dies every
five years, unless it's easily replaced (not soldered on to the circuit
board).

And lastly, it doesn't need to be a new current model. It could be
twenty years old, so long as it has a good solid circuits.

Does anyone have recommendations?

Thanks for your help.

FS: scanner stuff Bart V Scanner 1 October 8th 05 12:47 AM
Advice on buying a scanner John Scanner 0 August 25th 04 12:11 PM
Pro-95 Scanner John Jenkins Scanner 2 January 16th 04 01:21 AM
Coax signal deteriotion to Scanner Paul Keenleyside Scanner 3 December 10th 03 03:39 AM
FS: scanner stuff Bart V Scanner 1 September 22nd 03 05:43 AM