Old April 30th 05, 01:44 PM

Default Repairing old Radio Shack Scanners?

Hi,
I have a pair of Radio Shack Scanners. Radio Shack said that due to
the age of the models they cannot guarantee repairs would be
satisfactory if I sent them to their repair facility.
I like the scanners but they need work. Who repairs Radio Shack
scanners other than Radio Shack?
Thank you in advance.
Mike

Old May 1st 05, 07:09 AM
Jesse

" wrote in

http://www.iinc.com/ggcomm/

Old May 2nd 05, 04:53 AM
mydigcam

Beware having Radio Shack do any service. Years ago I sent them a 2004
scanner that needed work. They first quoted $125 which I authorized. Two
weeks later I got a call saying they increased it to $250, so knowing I
could sell it on Ebay for parts I asked for its return. A month passed and I
never got it back. Finally got it back after the local store manager made a
call to the regional service center manager. Apparently the tech who was
responsible for the quote didn't think I would want it back and kept it.
Funny thing was when I got the scanner back it worked perfectly and I was
only out the estimate fee. I'm pretty sure they fired the tech over that
one.

ups.com...

Old May 2nd 05, 01:17 PM

Hi,
I have a Pro-43 handheld that has a worn out key board. I have a
Pro-2006 that has a dim back light display.

Mike McM.

Old May 2nd 05, 04:47 PM
Alex Clayton

"mydigcam" wrote in message
Beware having Radio Shack do any service. Years ago I sent them a 2004
scanner that needed work. They first quoted $125 which I authorized. Two
weeks later I got a call saying they increased it to $250, so knowing I
could sell it on Ebay for parts I asked for its return. A month passed and
I never got it back. Finally got it back after the local store manager
made a call to the regional service center manager. Apparently the tech
who was responsible for the quote didn't think I would want it back and
kept it. Funny thing was when I got the scanner back it worked perfectly
and I was only out the estimate fee. I'm pretty sure they fired the tech
over that one.

It sounds like what may have happened was someone there repaired the
scanner, then when you said "forget it send it back", they were dragging
their feet in the hopes you would just let it go. Whoever did the repair
before they were given the OK, probably had plans for the scanner. Sounds
like you basically got the work done very cheap.
Kind of surprising they would even try to quote $250.00 to "fix" a
scanner. Hell you can buy a nice new one for that, but what the hell worked
out good for you.
--
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep
your mouth shut.