Old May 6th 05, 04:07 PM
89chargedbird

Default pro 96

hello all,
I am going to buy a pro 96 and was wondering if there are any mods I can do
to this scanner. Would like to 2.4 and other wireless mods. Any and all
information will be greatly appreciated.

Old May 6th 05, 11:50 PM
Ryan Faricy

There is an undocumented feature which allows extended receive. This is
available in Don Starr's Win96 software at www.starrsoft.com . There is also
the earphone jack mod, but that's just for audio.

As far as unblocking cellular frequencies, etc, cannot be done as it is
blocked in the CPU itself. It will cover 25-1399 MHz minus cellular with the
Win96 Extended Frequencies option but that's really about it.