Old May 10th 05, 03:34 PM
bakermo

Default ICOM PCR-100 and XP COMM port problem

Hello all,

I just obtained a ICOM PCR-100 via ebay and am trying to use TalkPCR.
I hope this isn't a stoopid ;-) question - but I have been browsing
the messages in this forum and can't find my particular problem.

I am running XP PRO with SP2 on an ASUS mobo and an AMD XP 2000+ CPU.
It has only 1 COMM port. I am also running TalkPCR 2.4

When I fire up TalkPCR and "accept" that the software is now freeware
the radio plays just fine and dandy. It continues until I set on a
station (I am still new and just want to listen to a local AM station
to verify the thing works). Then after about 15 to 30 seconds the
output goes off. It doesn't fade out - it just goes off like someone
threw a switch.

The controls all seem to function but no sound from the speaker (I
have a separate set of speakers connected directly to the ICOM).

If I shutdown TalkPCR and fire it back up the radio plays just fine;
until I stop doing things with the controls and then 15 to 30 seconds
later the sound goes off.

I tried downloading the ICOM PCR-1000 software and what it does is
after about 15 to 30 seconds it says it lost connection to the radio.
So I'm guessing the COMM port connection is being broken
by "something".

I tried turing off all the stratup programs (using MSCONFIG) for
a "clean boot" but got the same results.

I also tried running TalkPCR in Windows 95, and 98/ME mode - no
change.

Anybody have any idea?

TIA

bakermo

pants

email replies remove .yourpants
Old May 13th 05, 11:13 PM
bakermo

OK - I solved my own problem. The RS-232 cable I was using was
configured to be a null MODEM. New cable and everything is OK!