Old May 14th 05, 03:57 PM
andy

Default DRU-R100 USB radio as scanner ???

I was just browsing through e-bay when i came across a seller trying to sell
the DRU-R100 USB radio with special software which would make it pick up
Airband,PMR etc !. Now, bearing in mind that the USB radio is 88-108MHZ, how
can the software take it out of that range ??

I have one of these USB radios, so what is the software called ?

The e-bay link is
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...fromMakeTra c
k=true

Cheers
Andy

Old May 14th 05, 04:53 PM
Bill Crocker

Sounds interesting, but suspect. Doing a search on DRU-R100, using Google,
came up with a few things. Try it.

Bill Crocker

Old May 14th 05, 05:54 PM
krackula

Andy ...................

a look around the web about that radio , shows nothing of it being
able to change modes or bandwidths. actually , many articles
mention how simple the radio is with NO controls other than frequency
, scanning and FM stereo indicator.

for this radio to be useful in airband or other services ( PMR etc )
it would have to be able to detect NBFM or AM and be able to
have the I.F. bandwidth changed from the WBFM necessary for
receiving commercial stereo FM broadcasts.

current information and software available suggests that the ebay
sale you mention should be VERY suspect. there is NO
information on the web or from the maker that suggests that the radio
is capable of detecting different kinds of modulation schemes or
altering the radio's bandwidth. ( making it useful ONLY for stereo FM
broadcasts )

I'd hang on to my money for a while and see what happens first.( also
notice that this ebay seller only has a feedback rating of " 2 " )

k..................

Old May 14th 05, 07:05 PM
Bill Crocker

He mentions he already has one, and not intending to buy the one on eBay.
He's looking for software.

Bill Crocker

"krackula" wrote in message
news

[clipped]

Old May 14th 05, 11:33 PM
krackula

On Sat, 14 May 2005 14:05:26 -0400, "Bill Crocker"
wrote:

He mentions he already has one, and not intending to buy the one on eBay.
He's looking for software.

Bill Crocker

roger that ..... I hope the ebay sale eventually proves correct.
seeing the low cost of those radios .... it'd be nice if they can do
those other things too. maybe the heart of that receiver is one of
those new " soft chips " ..... RF dsp radio chips controlled
completely by software and / or firmware ....... then in theory it
would be possible for it to do other things if the software to control
it was available !

guess time will tell ......... maybe " he " can report back and let
us know if he finds something !

Old May 15th 05, 03:36 AM
andy

Thanks everyone for the info ! - Yeah, i actually found some software
(Radiator) after a hunt on Google. It does do 60 - 160 MHz, however with it
being WFM i doubt it would be of any use out of 88-108 MHz !!!!

Cheers
Andy