Old June 2nd 05, 05:30 AM
Charlie Durand

Default San Jose PD Air Unit

Hi there,

I recently moved to San Jose (Willow Glenn area) and I see what I assume to
be police helicopters buzzing around from time to time. I'd love to be able
to hear what they're up to.

The San Jose police can be found on 460.325 but I've never heard the air
units on this frequency. The damn thing was circling not too far from my
house one night and I couldn't find him on any of the San Jose PD freqs I
have.

Anyone have any guidance on this? All help is appreciated.

Same thing goes for the life flight frequencies.. I am pretty sure I see the
choppers landing at the local trama center from time to time as well.

Thanks!

Charlie

Old June 2nd 05, 02:27 PM
Jim Hackett

If you live in Willow Glen, I believe your district is the Tom district.
460.475. Air 2 operates on whatever freq the district they're in is on.
If you see the chopper land at Valley Med, it's not Air 2. Air 2 is dark
blue, like the cars and has a VERY annoying tail rotor noise. S.J.P.D.
operate on 480.150, 460.275, 460.200, 460.425, 460.4, 460.325, 460.475,
460.525, 460.100, 460.025, and 460.050

Old June 2nd 05, 07:33 PM
Charlie Durand

Well I monitor 460.325 and hear calls from my area and once heard the police
responding to a nearby fire so I'm pretty certain I have the right frequency
for my disctrict, be it Tom or whatever it's called.

I guess when I saw the police chopper hovering near my house they were just
watching because I never heard them come on the air. At least not on the
frequency I was monitoring.

The helicopter I see hovering from time to time is definitely a police unit.
I was also mentioning that on occasion I see what I assume to be medical
flights as well. I was curious what frequency those would be on.

link.net...

Old June 5th 05, 06:37 PM
dystopian

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 11:33:09 -0700, "Charlie Durand"
wrote:

I guess when I saw the police chopper hovering near my house they were just
watching because I never heard them come on the air. At least not on the
frequency I was monitoring.

There are 3 police helo's that work the valley

SJPD Air 2
Sheriff Star 1
CHP Helicopter 32

So it could have been any one of the 3, and the latter not necessarily
on the SJPD channel for your district.

Althought he first two use Eurocopters with the distinctive and
annoying tail rotor sound.