Old June 13th 05, 06:12 PM
rjack

Default Newbie needing Gurus Software 4 Pro-97(20-527)

Bought the software data loader recommending by RS desk clerk.
Course it doesn't work with the pro-97.

What software does?

Is there a large freq database downloadble online? inlcuding forest service,
local, news, etc?
text id'd? is it sorted by geography? zip code? does it include the mariana
islands?
is it ready to be copied into the software tables?
Are there trunking ID's included?

If not, why not? and who want's to work on it?

Old June 13th 05, 07:18 PM
WCA

win97 works great - http://www.starrsoft.com/software/win97/default.asp the
demo works in full, it is just limited to 30 days.

I am not sure if that cable will even work - so may as well reture it. The
proper RS cable is 20-289 (it is 24.99 I think)

Old June 14th 05, 11:05 PM

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 13:12:36 -0400, "rjack"
wrote:

Bought the software data loader recommending by RS desk clerk.
Course it doesn't work with the pro-97.

What software does?

Is there a large freq database downloadble online? inlcuding forest service,
local, news, etc?
text id'd? is it sorted by geography? zip code? does it include the mariana
islands?
is it ready to be copied into the software tables?
Are there trunking ID's included?

If not, why not? and who want's to work on it?

I don't kow, but if I were that interested in the answers to
so many questions, I'd sure learn to use Google. But then I'm not all
that lazy.

Scanner software Newbie Brent Scanner 1 October 21st 04 12:38 AM
Newbie: Radio Shack Scanner Loader software doesn't work on Windows XP Nick Scanner 7 March 13th 04 04:29 AM
Newbie: What software do I need to receive Weather fax on my HF Codan-$3500 + laptop computer? Guy Digital 0 August 1st 03 07:26 AM