Old November 1st 05, 02:58 PM
Bill Crocker

Default MURS List of radios?!

I've never seen any reference to a "type acceptance" applying to MURS. I
could be wrong however. So like you, I invite someone to refer us to such
guidelines, and information. It would be appreciated. I would think if you
had, say an older Motorola programmed, so you could only use the approved
MURS frequencies, at the approve output level, no one would put you in jail.

Bill Crocker

"Ronny Julian" wrote in message
MURS is such a free for all now anyway who would bother checking if no one
complains? For all this talk I have never seen anyone write up a list of
acceptable radios. If there is one please forward.

Me wrote:
In article ,
"Bill Crocker" wrote:

There are a lot of radios on eBay that can be used legally for MURS.
Some of the Motorola are higher wattage, but if you keep the switch on
2-watts, or less, they're legal.

Bill Crocker

Bzzzzt, Wrong, Would you like to try again for what is behind Door #3?

MURS requires Specific Type Acceptance for that Radio Service, and no
Higher Powered Radios with user switchable Power levels would pass Type
Acceptance for MURS Radio Service........

Me

Old November 1st 05, 08:16 PM
Ronny Julian

My PC 10s have been working fine for 2 years now. I need to put PL
boards in them sometime so I'don't hear the KFC drive thru! They are
only 1 watt but cover the apartment complex just fine. The apartment
complex staff is even on 154.600 and they don't hear me at all with
their PL in place.

Waiting for a list to come up on here. I'm surprised the PRSG staff has
not weighed in on this and submitted a PDF of guidelines.

Bill Crocker wrote:
I've never seen any reference to a "type acceptance" applying to MURS. I
could be wrong however. So like you, I invite someone to refer us to such
guidelines, and information. It would be appreciated. I would think if you
had, say an older Motorola programmed, so you could only use the approved
MURS frequencies, at the approve output level, no one would put you in jail.

Bill Crocker

"Ronny Julian" wrote in message

MURS is such a free for all now anyway who would bother checking if no one
complains? For all this talk I have never seen anyone write up a list of
acceptable radios. If there is one please forward.

Old November 2nd 05, 01:36 AM
RadAct

"Bill Crocker" wrote in message
I've never seen any reference to a "type acceptance" applying to MURS. I
could be wrong however. So like you, I invite someone to refer us to such
guidelines, and information. It would be appreciated. I would think if

you
had, say an older Motorola programmed, so you could only use the approved
MURS frequencies, at the approve output level, no one would put you in

jail.

Bill Crocker

"Ronny Julian" wrote in message
MURS is such a free for all now anyway who would bother checking if no

one
complains? For all this talk I have never seen anyone write up a list

of
acceptable radios. If there is one please forward.

Me wrote:
In article ,
"Bill Crocker" wrote:

There are a lot of radios on eBay that can be used legally for MURS.
Some of the Motorola are higher wattage, but if you keep the switch on
2-watts, or less, they're legal.

Bill Crocker

Bzzzzt, Wrong, Would you like to try again for what is behind Door #3?

MURS requires Specific Type Acceptance for that Radio Service, and no
Higher Powered Radios with user switchable Power levels would pass Type
Acceptance for MURS Radio Service........

Me

You just can't use any commercial radio on MURS. Here are the rules.

http://www.provide.net/~prsg/murs_faq.htm

Old November 30th 05, 04:06 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Ronny Julian

RadAct wrote:
"Bill Crocker" wrote in message

I've never seen any reference to a "type acceptance" applying to MURS. I
could be wrong however. So like you, I invite someone to refer us to such
guidelines, and information. It would be appreciated. I would think if

you

had, say an older Motorola programmed, so you could only use the approved
MURS frequencies, at the approve output level, no one would put you in

jail.

Bill Crocker

"Ronny Julian" wrote in message

MURS is such a free for all now anyway who would bother checking if no

one

complains? For all this talk I have never seen anyone write up a list

of

acceptable radios. If there is one please forward.

Me wrote:

In article ,
"Bill Crocker" wrote:

There are a lot of radios on eBay that can be used legally for MURS.
Some of the Motorola are higher wattage, but if you keep the switch on
2-watts, or less, they're legal.

Bill Crocker

Bzzzzt, Wrong, Would you like to try again for what is behind Door #3?

MURS requires Specific Type Acceptance for that Radio Service, and no
Higher Powered Radios with user switchable Power levels would pass Type
Acceptance for MURS Radio Service........

Me

You just can't use any commercial radio on MURS. Here are the rules.

http://www.provide.net/~prsg/murs_faq.htm

Not an FCC site. Show me the REAL rules.

Old November 30th 05, 04:25 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
MnMikew

RadAct wrote:
"Bill Crocker" wrote in message

I've never seen any reference to a "type acceptance" applying to MURS.

could be wrong however. So like you, I invite someone to refer us to

such
guidelines, and information. It would be appreciated. I would think if

you

had, say an older Motorola programmed, so you could only use the

approved
MURS frequencies, at the approve output level, no one would put you in

jail.

Bill Crocker

"Ronny Julian" wrote in message

MURS is such a free for all now anyway who would bother checking if no

one

complains? For all this talk I have never seen anyone write up a list

of

acceptable radios. If there is one please forward.

Me wrote:

In article ,
"Bill Crocker" wrote:

There are a lot of radios on eBay that can be used legally for MURS.
Some of the Motorola are higher wattage, but if you keep the switch

on
2-watts, or less, they're legal.

Bill Crocker

Bzzzzt, Wrong, Would you like to try again for what is behind Door #3?

MURS requires Specific Type Acceptance for that Radio Service, and no
Higher Powered Radios with user switchable Power levels would pass

Type
Acceptance for MURS Radio Service........

Me

You just can't use any commercial radio on MURS. Here are the rules.

http://www.provide.net/~prsg/murs_faq.htm

Not an FCC site. Show me the REAL rules.

Try the FCC, duh.
http://wireless.fcc.gov/services/personal/murs/

Old November 30th 05, 10:41 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Ronny Julian

Well thank you Mr Helper! No what I was asking earlier in the thread is
since everyone is so quick to point out the rules would you mind sharing
some model numbers of units that meet this type acceptance? No one has
steped up with this needed bit of knowledge. I do know (by service
monitor measurement) that the pair of Motorola PC-10s I have pass on
154.600 and 154.570. Since those are used in most of the fast food
places around I'd love to find a set that would be ok on the bottom 3 as
well.

Try the FCC, duh.
http://wireless.fcc.gov/services/personal/murs/

MURS transmitter assistance please. Elmo Scanner 1 June 19th 04 12:14 AM
FA Pair BTX 127 Radio Shack Murs Rick B. Swap 0 July 29th 03 05:44 PM
FA Radio Shack BTX-127 Pair Murs and Business Band, New Rick B. Swap 0 July 19th 03 04:53 PM
Curious about MURS. Jackie Equipment 8 July 19th 03 02:04 AM
Curious about MURS. Jackie Equipment 0 July 18th 03 01:31 PM