Old July 16th 05, 04:58 AM
Frank Bals

Default I like my PRO-43 also, but this is ridiculius!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...Name=WDVW&rd=1

Old July 16th 05, 07:27 AM
Xray

"Frank Bals" wrote in
news
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...98&category=40
979&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

Ludicrous indeed.
Both 0 feedback newbie bidders who are driving the price up have registered
within the last week, so it looks like its safe to say theres some shill
bidding going on here or something.
I don't know what these things go for on average, but even the first legit
looking bid of $200 seems mighty steep to me for a chopped up band plan old
scanner like that.
Hell I couldn't even sell an AOR 1000 for $100 on ebay, and that scanner is
leaps and bounds better than the 43.

Old July 16th 05, 03:40 PM
Jim Hackett

Not to mention that in the "questions" section, Someone named damselfly75
writes to say:

I am extremely interested in this item. I have done business with you in
the past, and have been treated with utmost respect as a buyer. All items I
have dealt with have exceeded my expectations. Thank you, fishman495, for
such positive buying experiences. respectfully, damselfly75
Yet there is no feedback from them...
Something DOES sound fishyman"

9.130...

Old July 16th 05, 07:46 PM
Xray

"Jim Hackett" wrote in news:h%8Ce.11819$aY6.1801
@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net:

writes to say:

I am extremely interested in this item. I have done business with you in
the past, and have been treated with utmost respect as a buyer. All items I
have dealt with have exceeded my expectations. Thank you, fishman495, for
such positive buying experiences. respectfully, damselfly75
Yet there is no feedback from them...
Something DOES sound fishyman"

Fishy indeed.
Even the names damselfly75 & fishman495 ring the same ding on a bell.
Hopefully this bozo will end up with the high bid on his own radio.
Old July 16th 05, 10:33 PM
Xray

Xray wrote in
9.130:

damselfly75 writes to say:

I am extremely interested in this item. I have done business with you
in
the past, and have been treated with utmost respect as a buyer. All
items I have dealt with have exceeded my expectations. Thank you,
fishman495, for such positive buying experiences. respectfully,
damselfly75 Yet there is no feedback from them...
Something DOES sound fishyman"

Fishy indeed.
Even the names damselfly75 & fishman495 ring the same ding on a bell.
Hopefully this bozo will end up with the high bid on his own radio.

Item took down by ebay.
Apparently they smelled something fishy as well.

Old July 17th 05, 02:55 AM
krackula

Item took down by ebay.
Apparently they smelled something fishy as well.

take another look ..... it was back faster than ebay could pull it
Old July 16th 05, 02:28 PM
Jeff

"Frank Bals" wrote in message
news
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...Name=WDVW&rd=1

With the high bidder with the 0 feedback, looks to be a new member
7/11/05 which is also the day of his first bid..... Looks mighty suspicious
to me. It aint "that" great of a scanner.

Old July 16th 05, 02:50 PM
Frank Bals

I've been able to pick up Military Satellites in the 260 Mhz FM range with
mine, just using a 220 Mhz Ham Rubber Duck antenna! Most milsat listening
you need a beam antenna with a preamp, but not with the PRO-43!

For that reason alone I won't sell mine!

Frank

"Jeff" wrote in message

news

Old July 16th 05, 06:40 PM
Jeff

"Frank Bals" wrote in message
I've been able to pick up Military Satellites in the 260 Mhz FM range with
mine, just using a 220 Mhz Ham Rubber Duck antenna! Most milsat listening
you need a beam antenna with a preamp, but not with the PRO-43!

Pardon my skepticism but by the time any satellite signal reaches
earth you're talking signals in the nanowatt range. Thats the reason why
you need a beam and preamp, or a dish with a LNA. And you want
us to believe a consumer grade RS handheld can do this feat with
just a rubber duck??????? Come on.

Old July 16th 05, 07:41 PM
Frank Bals

I have no reason to lie...I was surprised to. I've heard military callsigns
and Spanish and Russian 2-way conversations...

Frank