Old September 9th 05, 06:24 AM
Al Klein

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 00:10:49 GMT, That Other Guy said
in alt.radio.scanner:

You would know that I was pointing him to the guys at Scannertesting.com
for his answer.. And yes you still look stupid with your dumb ass spam
answers. And yes they still sell the FCC database for $15.00 :-)

"They" "sell" a free database for $15, so it's spam.
Old September 9th 05, 05:53 PM
kla1899

Al Klein wrote in
:

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 00:10:49 GMT, That Other Guy said
in alt.radio.scanner:

You would know that I was pointing him to the guys at Scannertesting.com
for his answer.. And yes you still look stupid with your dumb ass spam
answers. And yes they still sell the FCC database for $15.00 :-)

"They" "sell" a free database for $15, so it's spam.

It's free?? where can I get it for free? please tell us where we can all
get that CD-ROM with all 50 US States plus all US territories on it for
free!! And please don't say download it, it's a 730Meg .dbf file that is
not offered for download anywhere. So please tell us all where to get this
database for free.

--
kla1899

Old September 10th 05, 02:39 AM
Al Klein

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 16:53:03 GMT, kla1899 said in
alt.radio.scanner:

It's free?? where can I get it for free? please tell us where we can all
get that CD-ROM with all 50 US States plus all US territories on it for
free!!

The latest info from the FCC as of 6 months ago? From the web site.

And please don't say download it, it's a 730Meg .dbf file that is
not offered for download anywhere. So please tell us all where to get this
database for free.

Stop spamming the ng.
Old September 10th 05, 06:18 AM
D. Brown

You can get the complete FCC Licensing Division Master Database from the
folks at http://mysite.verizon.net/moment_1/s...ng/contact.htm
it is a frequency database covering ALL 50 US states plus all US
territories, so everything that has an FCC license is on it.

That Other Guy

What type of interface does it have? Can I search by State, County, City, RS
Code etc? Can the information be edited (easily) in an Excel spread-sheet,
then copied and pasted into a radio control program?

I can find all the information I want from the FCC site, just couldn't find
a way to get it organized the way I want it.

What would be the difference if it is just a big file thrown on a CD without
a means to search and organize it?

And $5 to mail a CD?

Old September 10th 05, 02:16 PM
kla1899

Al Klein wrote in
news
On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 16:53:03 GMT, kla1899 said in
alt.radio.scanner:

It's free?? where can I get it for free? please tell us where we can
all get that CD-ROM with all 50 US States plus all US territories on
it for free!!

The latest info from the FCC as of 6 months ago? From the web site.

And please don't say download it, it's a 730Meg .dbf file that is
not offered for download anywhere. So please tell us all where to get
this database for free.

Stop spamming the ng.

So you don't have any free database download is that what your ignorant
post is saying?? At least 3 people asked you to post this free download
site, I mean you say it's a free download so whats the URL?? where is
this free download site?? here I will start you off, http://www.
???????????

--
kla1899

Old September 10th 05, 02:25 PM
kla1899

"D. Brown" wrote in
:

You can get the complete FCC Licensing Division Master Database from
the folks at
http://mysite.verizon.net/moment_1/s...ng/contact.htm it is a
frequency database covering ALL 50 US states plus all US territories,
so everything that has an FCC license is on it.

That Other Guy

What type of interface does it have? Can I search by State, County,
City, RS Code etc? Can the information be edited (easily) in an Excel
spread-sheet, then copied and pasted into a radio control program?

I can find all the information I want from the FCC site, just couldn't
find a way to get it organized the way I want it.

What would be the difference if it is just a big file thrown on a CD
without a means to search and organize it?

And $5 to mail a CD?

Yes they add $5.00 to mail a CD because the CD envelopes cost $1.20 and
someone has to put $1.45 worth of postage on it and then take them all to
the post office. so in todays world of $3.50 a gal gas don't you think that
guy should get at least 1gal for doing the jub or do you think everything
should be free to you?? The interface is bDase they recompile it from the
Adode formate .pdf where you can't do a thing to dBase and yes you can cut
and past your heart out. and yes you can search by state, county, city,
call sign RS code name and anything eles you can think of. And if you went
to: http://mysite.verizon.net/moment_1/s...ng/contact.htm and read
what it says you would no all that :-)

--
kla1899

Old September 10th 05, 02:39 PM
Al Klein

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 13:16:47 GMT, kla1899 said in
alt.radio.scanner:

So you don't have any free database download is that what your ignorant
post is saying?? At least 3 people asked you to post this free download
site

I must have missed those posts, seeing how buried under your spam they
were.

It's www.fcc,gov

Not everyone needs to be led by the nose, as you obviously do.

Oh - and the data at that site is up to date, not like your 6 month
old (and getting older every day) CD.
Old September 10th 05, 02:50 PM
Al Klein

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 13:25:43 GMT, kla1899 said in
alt.radio.scanner:

Yes they add $5.00 to mail a CD because the CD envelopes cost $1.20

Bull, unless you're buying them from yourself. Mailers cost about a
dime - sleeves cost a couple of cents.

and
someone has to put $1.45 worth of postage

$1.45? A CD in a mailer only weighs barely 2 ounces (actually 1 gram
less). That would be $0.60. The $0.85 is just part of the rip-off
fee.

on it and then take them all to
the post office. so in todays world of $3.50 a gal gas

It was the same price long before gas went up, so that dog won't hunt
either.

The interface is bDase they recompile it from the
Adode formate .pdf where you can't do a thing to dBase and yes you can cut
and past your heart out.

Or just read it into a database. Those of us who do that kind of work
every day know how full of it you are with just that one claim. No
one who knows what he's doing copies and pastes data into a database.

Oh, and who's this mysterious "they" you keep referring to? You have
multiple personalities?

Go post on alt.i'm.a.dummy. Maybe someone there will fall for it.
Old September 10th 05, 08:16 PM
kla1899

Al Klein wrote in
:

[...]

has to be at least 1 ****ing ass hole in the group no mater what you say
theirs always one that says something eles, for you moron make the
postage $20.00 just because you think the world owes you and we should
all work for free.

--
kla1899

Old September 10th 05, 08:23 PM
kla1899

Al Klein wrote in
:

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 13:16:47 GMT, kla1899 said in
alt.radio.scanner:

So you don't have any free database download is that what your ignorant
post is saying?? At least 3 people asked you to post this free download
site

I must have missed those posts, seeing how buried under your spam they
were.

It's www.fcc,gov

Not everyone needs to be led by the nose, as you obviously do.

Oh - and the data at that site is up to date, not like your 6 month
old (and getting older every day) CD.

no moron there is nothiung at http://www.fcc.gov that will let you
download the complete FCC frequency database covering all 50 US States
plus all US territories, and again you look as stupid as you sound. and
the other guys asking you to post that link where, The Other George, That
Other Guy, No Spam oh and me. thats 4 people and yet you have still not
posted a link to this free download?? Why is that?? could it be because
there is no free download?? D'oh! See folks wouldn't know how stupid you
are if you just keep your mouth closed, but when you open it you remove
all doubt.......

--
kla1899