Old September 10th 05, 11:40 PM
Al Klein

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 19:23:53 GMT, kla1899 said in
alt.radio.scanner:

no moron there is nothiung at http://www.fcc.gov that will let you
download the complete FCC frequency database covering all 50 US States
plus all US territories

Then I guess my IP just triggers something special at the site.
Advertising on a non-advertising newsgroup is spamming - making up
lies to support your "product" just makes you look bad.

the other guys asking you to post that link where, The Other George, That
Other Guy, No Spam oh and me. thats 4 people

You mean your 4 addresses? Or are they your partners?

and yet you have still not posted a link to this free download??

I did, spamming liar.
Old September 10th 05, 11:41 PM
Al Klein

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 19:16:43 GMT, kla1899 said in
alt.radio.scanner:

has to be at least 1 ****ing ass hole in the group

And you go to such great lengths to prove it.

for you moron make the
postage $20.00 just because you think the world owes you and we should
all work for free.

Claiming that $0.60 postage is $1.40 is just plain stealing.

plonk
Old September 11th 05, 04:31 AM
D. Brown

And if you went
to: sniped the spam link and
read
what it says you would no all that :-)

I did go there and it didn't really say all of that. In fact, reading the
site (misspellings, poor grammar and all) gives me the impression that it's
just a bunch of clueless, slack-jawed goamers, sitting around trying to come
up with something profound.

I'll spend my money on professional products, someone who puts out quality
rather than some hicks trying to pull together some hooch money.

Old September 11th 05, 02:27 PM
kla1899

Al Klein wrote in
:

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 19:23:53 GMT, kla1899 said in
alt.radio.scanner:

no moron there is nothiung at http://www.fcc.gov that will let you
download the complete FCC frequency database covering all 50 US States
plus all US territories

Then I guess my IP just triggers something special at the site.
Advertising on a non-advertising newsgroup is spamming - making up
lies to support your "product" just makes you look bad.

the other guys asking you to post that link where, The Other George,
That Other Guy, No Spam oh and me. thats 4 people

You mean your 4 addresses? Or are they your partners?

and yet you have still not posted a link to this free download??

I did, spamming liar.

No moron giving the general URL of http://www.fcc.gov is not giving the
URL of where to download this fictional free file you keep talking about.
In fact there is nothing to download at http://www.fcc.gov but
"Headlines" in ether Word or Acrobat. So you must injoy making people
think you know what your talking about when in fact you don't have a
clue. You saying this information is free and can be downloaded from
fcc.gov is just sending people there looking for something that is not to
be found! Your wasting there time and your looking like just what your
are, a moron kid trying to look like a big boy that knows it all. a URL
where something can be downloaded would be:
http://wireless.fcc.gov/commoperators/eqp.html
giving people a general web-site and saying you can get the complete fcc
database there is misleading to say the least, and calling me a liar
because I pointed out that fact really makes you look like a fool. Now go
back to playing your computer racing game and leave the big boys alone.
Or better yet put a real URL up to the page where this fictional file
can be downloaded, like I said I'll start it for you http://
any one with a 10 or higher IQ can call them at 1-888-225-5322 or e-mail
them at and ask about buying the database. You see I
really don't care if you buy it from them so I'm happy to give you that
info, and when you pay $75.95 for it and it comes in a .pdf mormat that
will not work with any spreadsheet or bDase program you can figurout how
to use it. And again I'll point out the fact that this thrid was a gent
asking where to get another database other then PerCon that also cost
mony so I guess he's a spammer to right?? anyone that gave him an answer
must be a spammer!!

--
kla1899

Old September 11th 05, 04:48 PM
David L. Wilson

"kla1899" wrote in message
Al Klein wrote in
:

[...]

And a link to the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau (right side) , then
link to Dabases (left side) and from there one ends up at
http://wireless.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/wtb-datadump.pl
but it is true the format pf the downloaded files is not at all friendly and
one must be good at database work to use it making most much much better off
buying someone elses CDROM where they have put it in a more useable form.
(If you have never worked with databases, do not bother downloading the
files from the site as you will not know what to do with them.)

Old September 13th 05, 03:42 PM
PowerHouse Communications

"kla1899" wrote in message

No moron giving the general URL of http://www.fcc.gov is not giving the
URL of where to download this fictional free file you keep talking about.
In fact there is nothing to download at http://www.fcc.gov but
"Headlines" in ether Word or Acrobat.

WRONG, you're just too stupid to find it I guess...

So you must injoy making people
think you know what your talking about when in fact you don't have a
clue.

Look in the mirror.. (Nice Spelling BTW)

You saying this information is free and can be downloaded from
fcc.gov is just sending people there looking for something that is not to
be found! Your wasting there time and your looking like just what your
are, a moron kid trying to look like a big boy that knows it all. a URL
where something can be downloaded would be:
http://wireless.fcc.gov/commoperators/eqp.html

Again, it exists, you're just too stupid to find it... I love those that
think they know everything, yet when they speak, or type, in this case,
removes all doubt of just how little they actually do know...
BTW, the only thing you will download at you're link is examination
questions for commercial operators. Quite useless in this case.

giving people a general web-site and saying you can get the complete fcc
database there is misleading to say the least, and calling me a liar
because I pointed out that fact really makes you look like a fool.

You pointed out nothing. You made yourself look like a fool...

Now go
back to playing your computer racing game and leave the big boys alone.
Or better yet put a real URL up to the page where this fictional file
can be downloaded, like I said I'll start it for you http://

Fictional, it is not... Too lazy to look for yourself? Yeah, thought so...

any one with a 10 or higher IQ can call them at 1-888-225-5322 or e-mail
them at and ask about buying the database.

Yup, you could, but why? You can download the information, UPDATED WEEKLY,
off their website for FREE...

...and it comes in a .pdf mormat that
will not work with any spreadsheet or bDase program you can figurout how
to use it.

Wrong, again. It comes as a .ZIP file that contains numerous ".dat" (text)
files, that can easily be imported into ANY database program, provided you
know how to use one. It can then be exported into whatever format you'd
like it to be in... (Great spelling, again, BTW!)

Old September 13th 05, 11:36 PM
Al Klein

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:42:21 -0500, "PowerHouse Communications"
said in alt.radio.scanner:

"kla1899" wrote in message
. ..

No moron giving the general URL of http://www.fcc.gov is not giving the
URL of where to download this fictional free file you keep talking about.
In fact there is nothing to download at http://www.fcc.gov but
"Headlines" in ether Word or Acrobat.

WRONG, you're just too stupid to find it I guess...

If this were a moderated newsgroup ...

I especially love this part:

Now go
back to playing your computer racing game and leave the big boys alone.

What he doesn't know is that he aimed that at someone who's most
likely old enough to be his father, and who has been dealing with the
FCC since before he was born. My first phone ticket, which hasn't
gone by that name in decades, is older than he is.

But let's not confuse him by giving him facts. Let the little boy run
his lemonade stand. Some people might like unsweetened lemonade.
Old September 15th 05, 10:24 AM
Casper Milquetoast

Al,

You might be older, but if boh of you continue to engage each other in your
dumb spat, you're clearly not any wiser than him.

Old September 17th 05, 06:53 PM
kla1899

"David L. Wilson" wrote in
:

"kla1899" wrote in message
Al Klein wrote in
:

[...]

Well ever your site does not have the 2 files we get from the FCC when we
buy there database from them. What we get comes on 2 CD's and it is in .pdf
formate, we convert it to .dbf dBASE format that can be read with any dBase
type program. On our CD is a link to a free download of the old Visual
dBASE 7.5 and it works beautifully for doing anything you want to do with a
..dbf file. The files the FCC sends us are both bigger then 700Meg and to
convert them from .pdf to .dbf takes just under 18hr.

And yes I do get a bit ****ed off when some moron comes on telling folks
it's free it's free when we just shelled out $75.95 for the CD's and when 4
people ask him for the like to these two 724meg and 729meg files he writes
some bull **** like fcc.gov.. You can search fcc.gov from now tell hell
freezes over and not find there complete lcensing database for download,
i. e. if they send it to us on two CD's, the total file would be 1.453Gig
to download. So a guy on a 56K dial up would be download for the next two
weeks. It **** me off even more when this thread was a guy asking for any
other date base because he was having a problem accessing the one he just
paid for, and the moron say spamer spamer spamer.. God what a 5 year old..
Pointing the gey to a good priced database is not spaming.. I guess he
thinks every one should pay for a data base and work for hours to convert
it and set it up so even he can use it then offer it for free "NOT"

--
kla1899

Old November 6th 05, 03:19 PM
Michael Harpe

Default PerCon WTF?

Who else offers a freq database?

You can go straight to the FCC and get the same thing you used to get from
PerCon and much more. PerCon stopped doing their CDs after the FCC put this
site up. There's no need for them if you're just a scanner hobbyist looking
for frequencies.

If you're knowledgeable about databases, you can even download the entire
raw database into your own database and build your own queries to do
anything you want. They even send out daily updates so you can keep your
database synchronized with the FCC.

It's funny to think that back in the 1980s I made the trip to Chicago to
look at the microfiche.

Check out:

http://wireless.fcc.gov/database_info.html

It's all there...