Old October 30th 05, 02:12 PM
CommCtr1

Default Boston, Ma and surrounding area freq's

I'm heading to Boston next month and I'm trying to find the current
frequency info. However after looking at several different websites, I'm not
sure which one to believe.
One site shows Boston on 800mhz Motorola system, another shows Boston FD on
UHF.
If anyone has current info, please pass it along.

thnx

Lou

Old October 30th 05, 10:25 PM
Pntx

The Boston 800 system is mostly for city services. The PD and FD have some
talk groups on them but I have never heard them used.
PD and FD channels are on UHF.

http://www.scanboston.com/Freqs.htm

The State Police have jurisdiction in Boston also, they are responsible for
I 93(the big dig), Piers and the airport. They are also on an 800 system.The
airport 800 system is low power, you may not hear it in all parts of the
city.

http://users.adelphia.net/~kc1ho/ematrunk/

Enjoy your visit.

Old October 31st 05, 04:39 PM
CommCtr1

Thank you for the info.... I wasn't sure. I looked at a couple different
sites and some showed FD on 800mhz and some on UHF.

thnx