Old December 3rd 05, 12:51 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Al Klein

Default Digital Scanner - Michigan

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 20:01:21 -0600, Bo Williams
wrote:

No connection other than being a thoroughly satisfied customer.

I'm another one, I just keep forgetting to mention them.
Old December 25th 05, 04:53 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
J. Mc Laughlin

I did get a BCD396T more-or-less working on the Genesee County digital
system. Many stations have chopped audio. Not favorably impressed.
Supposedly, the Genesee County Simulcast system has two control
channels. Should the radio be set to use both? The radio seems to respond
when listening to only 868.8875 (with some stations having chopped audio) as
a data channel. The manual is not clear.

Regards, Mac

--
J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.
Home:
"J. Mc Laughlin" wrote in message
Dear Mr. Klein & Mr. Williams:
Useful ideas. I do not have the time to "play" with the programming
program at the moment, but it is wise to download same. It is reasonable

believe, from reading the radio's manual, that programming will be
reasonably straight forward. I do not have to unlearn anything.
I have a charger for two batteries. Excellent idea to acquire a

charger
capable of dealing with three batteries.

The APCO site suggests that our local Michigan digital system may not

be
converted (by shifting everything down 15 MHz) for some time as we are on
the Canadian side of Line A.

Thanks for your assistance. The box with radio has arrived and awaits
Christmas. Regards, Mac

--
J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.
Home:

FS : Radio SHack Pro-96 Digital Turnking Scanner Dan Conti Swap 0 July 3rd 05 03:56 AM
The Broadcast Band in Digital Radio??? SR Shortwave 5 January 2nd 05 04:20 PM
Digital scanner question Brent Scanner 1 July 6th 04 04:31 AM
FS: Pro-96 Digital Scanner by Radio Shack Tom Howley Scanner 18 November 26th 03 03:39 AM
FS : Uniden BC250D Digital hand held scanner Dan Conti Swap 0 October 4th 03 04:42 AM