Old January 28th 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Radio Shack Pro-2026 Mod HELP??

I picked up a Radio Shack scanner model 2026... on the back it
says...model # 20-148B

Can I modify this version to recieve some cel calls? I read that some
can't be modified. Thanks for any info.

Old January 29th 06, 02:51 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
HipOp

Why in the **** do you want to receive cell calls, first of all they change
cell sites, and most are digital, and last they are boring.

oups.com...

Old January 30th 06, 07:45 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
PowerHouse Communications

"Al Klein" wrote in message
analog cellular, which is almost non-existent, except in the
boondocks.

Not everyone lives in a thriving metropolis... Some of us live in larger
cities where that are still plenty of analog calls. Even my own phone drops
over to analog once in a while. It depends on where you are, but seems to
happen most when using it indoors...

Old January 30th 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
PowerHouse Communications

wrote in message
oups.com...
I picked up a Radio Shack scanner model 2026... on the back it
says...model # 20-148B

Can I modify this version to recieve some cel calls? I read that some
can't be modified. Thanks for any info.

PRO-2026 200-0148
200-0148A
200-0148B Mobile Uniden Dual 100(5/20)+1 200-0148-YES
200-0148A-YES
200-0148B-No

Sorry...

Old January 30th 06, 11:20 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
MnMikew

"PowerHouse Communications" wrote in message

"Al Klein" wrote in message
analog cellular, which is almost non-existent, except in the
boondocks.

Not everyone lives in a thriving metropolis... Some of us live in larger
cities where that are still plenty of analog calls. Even my own phone

drops
over to analog once in a while. It depends on where you are, but seems to
happen most when using it indoors...

I DO live in a big thriving metropolis and there are plenty of 900mhz phones
around yet. Same with analog cells.

Old February 2nd 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
PowerHouse Communications

"PowerHouse Communications" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
I picked up a Radio Shack scanner model 2026... on the back it
says...model # 20-148B

Can I modify this version to recieve some cel calls? I read that some
can't be modified. Thanks for any info.

PRO-2026 200-0148

200-0148A-YES
200-0148B-No

Sorry...

That didn't exactly come out the way it was sent... Modified the above for
clarity...