Old February 3rd 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Police Mobile Date Terminal

Does anyone know anything about receiving data from a Police Mobile
Data Terminal? Can this be done? Are we all going to prison if we do
so? Any good links regarding this?

Thanks,
Old February 4th 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

Google for "Bill Cheek MDT" and see what you find. He almost went to
jail, unfortunately his health beat the feds to the punch. They would
have strung him up. Sad thing is, he really did nothing wrong.

Evan Platt wrote:

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 18:29:55 -0800, wrote:

Does anyone know anything about receiving data from a Police Mobile
Data Terminal?

Yes.

Can this be done?

Possibly.

Are we all going to prison if we do
so?

Yes.

Any good links regarding this?

It depends on what police agency. Most agencies now use CDPD cellular
data units, so it's extremely hard, if not impossible (unless you're
Bill Gates).

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©